Marseille-5.jpg

Recent Classifieds

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgreen
Recent bookmarks
One week away from my trip to Colorado. Anyone have a first hand report from either the Million Dollar highway area, especially around Silverton, or Ridgeway? Possibly the Collegiate peaks region? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Donald Miller

Shooter
Large Format
While I don't have a report of colors at this time. Having lived there for several years, I would think that you are going to be arriving at a good time (historically speaking). If you have 4WD then I would recommend Imogene Pass, Cinammon Pass and Engineer Pass (all in that area). The area around Lake City is a beautiful.

If you have time you may want to try the Fairplay and Alma (Hoosier Pass) areas. Above Alma in addition to Aspens will be a stand of Bristelcone Pines. This area is east of the Collegiate Peaks. In the Collegiate Peaks, I always find the drive over Independence Pass (from south of Leadville into Aspen) to be awe inspiring. Good luck, drive safely, and have fun.

Cheryl Jacobs

Shooter
Medium Format
Still nothing in terms of fall colors here. I'm in Denver, and I had a friend scout out the higher elevations within two miles driving distance from the city. Nada. It's late this year. Give it maybe another week at most. Keep in mind, we frequently get our first snow in September, so fall may come and go quickly.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom