F/S: Contax IIa w/ Zeiss Sonnar 1.5

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by Kirks518, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Kirks518

Kirks518 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    What a great camera, and I want to keep it, but it makes more sense to sell it so it gets the use it deserves.

Contax IIa in perfect working condition. Cosmetically looks good, better in hand then in the pics (flash really brings out the flaws). Speeds all have been good, and still sound right on. Focus wheel is smooth. Shutter blades are in great shape. Shell could use a light cleaning, but it's not a rat.

Lens is the Zeiss Opton Sonnar f/1.5, with the coveted Red T. Lens has some normal dust, but no haze or fungus. Looks like the front coating is aging, as you can see in the pics, but shouldn't (and hasn't) affected image quality that I ever noticed.

The only issue I can find is that it appears at some point in it's life, someone may have bent the locking clip, as it seems seems to have a weak spot. It still works just fine, and the lens locks without issue, it's just something I noticed and felt should be mentioned.

Serial number S21717 puts it as a late 1950 model.

Average selling price on ebay is $331 with shipping. How's $300 net to me, including priority shipping within the US.. I will ship internationally, and we'll figure out the actual shipping costs if that happens.

Pics:

IMG_9275 (Custom).JPG IMG_9278 (Custom).JPG IMG_9279 (Custom).JPG IMG_9280 (Custom).JPG IMG_9282 (Custom).JPG IMG_9283 (Custom).JPG IMG_9284 (Custom).JPG

What looks like specks/spots are reflection of the flash... IMG_9285 (Custom).JPG IMG_9286 (Custom).JPG

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  2. guangong

guangong Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I’d jump on this like a dog on a bone if I didn’t already have two of these. My 1.5 lens is great, and it’s uncoated.

3. chip j

chip j Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    A beaut, no doubt. Me broke, no doubt. Didn't Cosina recently make lenses for it?

4. macfred

macfred Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  5. OP
    OP
    Kirks518

Kirks518 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    BUMP...

Offers??

6. Samuel Hotton

Samuel Hotton Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Good evening Kirks 518,
    Just sent pm to you about this camera sir.
    Regards, Sam Hotton

7. OP
    OP
    Kirks518

Kirks518 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I guess I should bump this before it goes on the bay