Threads
Members
Latest member
backseatpilot
Recent bookmarks

alex millman

Shooter
Multi Format
I have 10 rolls of fuji provia 100f film. It expired 2 months ago. How long will it last before problems occour? It has been stored in a fridge at the apprporiate temperature.
Hope you can help!

x100art

Shooter
35mm
2 months?

I really wouldn't worry about it especially if it's in the refrigerator.

railwayman3

Shooter
35mm
Two or three years at the very least if it's been in the fridge all its life. Maybe quite a lot longer as its a slow film.

Manufacturers are very conservative in giving expiry dates.....it's just a date when there should be no visible deterioration for all practical purposes, not a date when it becomes unusuable. I'm using Astia dated 2005 from the freezer, and 2-3 y.o. color neg from the fridge with no concerns at all.

jovo

Membership Council
Council
Shooter
Multi Format
Don't trust your best ever photographs to it, but otherwise use it without concern. As said above, expiration dates are conservative, and refrigeration slows everything down a lot!

DanielStone

Shooter
Multi Format
I've been using film that's "expired" by 10+ yrs or so, with no apparent age effects

IF IT WAS STORED PROPERLY(key point here)

I wouldn't hesitate to use this film down the road. Fridge is fine for short-term(upwards of 6mo), but frankly, just freeze it if you aren't going to use it quickly.

-Dan

David Lyga

Council
Shooter
35mm
The real answer might be to give it a clip test. Of course, if you do not do your own processing this might be difficult. Chances are, the expiry date is conservative and, if stored properly, there should be no worries. I would normally say to give it an extra step of exposure but since this is NOT negative film, doing that might be counterproductive (UNLESS you are processing it as a negative). I use only negative film. - David Lyga

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford Photo ADOX Freestyle Photographic Photo Warehouse Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom