Exacta to Nikon F adapter??

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by chip j, Jan 2, 2018.

1. chip j

chip j Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Was one ever made?

2. Dan Fromm

Dan Fromm Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    There was never an adapter for hanging lenses in Exakta mount in front of a Nikon. It makes no sense. Exakta register is shorter than Nikon register.

I've hung one lens in Exakta mount in front of a Nikon. 135/2.8 Steinheil Auto Makro Quinar. I used two Novoflex adapters, LEIEX and NIKLEI-K, each 6 mm +/- thick. The lens as adapted's far focusing distance was ~ 1m. Fine for closeup work, otherwise useless.

If you want to use lenses in Exakta mount (why?) get an Exakta or Topcon RE body. Forget the Exakta body, get a Topcon.

3. benveniste

benveniste Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I must disagree with Dan in part. Such adapters exist and can be purchased new today:
    https://fotodioxpro.com/products/exakta-nikf-pro

The reason why I only disagree "in part" is that in order to allow focus to infinity, the adapter includes a 1.4x teleconverter of mediocre quality. So except for novelty, there's little to be gained by using such an adapter. With some Fotodiox adapters, you can remove the teleconverter. Then the adapter acts like a short extension tube and you lose the ability to focus to infinity. So unless you have a very special Exakta mount lens and you want to use it at short distances, I can't see it being worth even the modest cost.

4. GarageBoy

GarageBoy Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Too thick - use Canon fd (there was a factory fd adapter)