Enlargements from Fuji Instant film

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by xtolsniffer, Feb 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xtolsniffer

xtolsniffer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Not sure if this is the right forum to post this, but I've recently got into Fuji instant film in my Mamiya RB67, great colours, great fun and surprisingly impressive results. Since I don't have a negative to make enlargements, I was thinking of scanning the print and sending off the file to a pro-lab for enlargements (to about 16"x16"), has anyone ever done this, and is the quality up to much?

2. PHOTOTONE

PHOTOTONE Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    There is only so much detail in a small color print, regardless of whether it is instant or darkroom developed.
    Copied and enlarged you will really see the lack of fine detail, however it all depends on your subject. Some
    subjects work well at low resolution. I also agree that the Fuji Instant prints are exquisite little jewels.
    No print the size made by your RB-67 on instant film will have anywhere NEAR the resolution of a color or
    b/w negative shot with the RB.

3. tiberiustibz

tiberiustibz Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    You can try it. There's not much there in an instant print.

4. amuderick

amuderick Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Fuji FP-3000B is rated at 20 lp/mm in the print. I make very nice 8x10 prints from it. They look great even under close inspection. You can also shield the negative from intense light (so it won't solarize), allow it to dry, and scan it. When scanning the negative you need to do some noise reduction, etc but you can make very nice 16x20 prints...There is more resolution in there than the print. All of this treads on hybrid photography so I will end here.

For more look to the Flickr "Polaroid" group and a Flickr group called "Polaroid Goop"

I love the social interaction the Polaroid camera creates and I use my Polaroid 360 quite a lot. I am very happy with my enlargements. Since I am printing only for myself, and I have no space, 8x10 is very nice for me.

5. JBrunner

JBrunner Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    This is a perfect discussion for HybridPhoto.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.