Threads
Members
Latest member
Crit-ter85
Recent bookmarks

mrred

Shooter
Multi Format
This is something I shot this week-end on a Mamiya 645. It didn't quite come out like I had hoped and all the roll was equally effected.

10810706473_49ca0f1c02_c_d.jpg

There is an air bubble on the fence; disregard.

The film base had a purple hue and the pattern ran through the frames. The chemistry is fresh (3 days old) and the previous films (3 fuji sup x-tra 400) were perfect.

The film was out of the fridge for 12 hrs before I shot it and has been in the fridge since I bought it. I have had 2 rolls from this box of 5 developed without indecent 6 months ago. Exp Jul 2012

Any ideas?

Tom1956

Shooter
Large Format
Moisture problem, looks like. I notice you're in Canada, and it's mid-November. Something tells me being out of the refrigerator for 12 hours in Canada in November, is there much difference between being inside a refrigerator and outside it?

Tom1956

Shooter
Large Format
I posted my answer, the a new screen with Polyglot's answer was there. Looks like a good answer. But no matter what the answer, sounds like some supplies need to be gotten rid of, and new ones bought. Could be a pricey problem to pin down.

OP
OP
mrred

mrred

Shooter
Multi Format
I just put two more rolls through the chemistry. Another roll of 120 Ektar taken at same location and a roll of Fuji sup X400. The fuji came out ok.

Either the ektar is toast or it got wet/moist in storage or on the trip. The paper looks fine.

OP
OP
mrred

mrred

Shooter
Multi Format
I guess I will have to shoot another roll. That will at least tell me of I have a few boxes to trash or it was something on the trip....

StoneNYC

Shooter
8x10 Format
I guess I will have to shoot another roll. That will at least tell me of I have a few boxes to trash or it was something on the trip....

As a control what you send one of the rolls out to a lab and have them do it, and then from the same batch you have your own films and compare them if the lab comes out just fine then you know there's a problem with your chemistry.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom