Ektar 100 - red color cast in scans

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by Fredrik Sandstrom, Feb 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fredrik Sandstrom

Fredrik Sandstrom Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I get a strong red cast when scanning Ektar 100 using Vuescan and a Nikon Coolscan 4000. Sure it can be corrected, but it still surprised me. I don't get anything like that when scanning other color negatives. Anyone else use this combo? Have you experienced this as well?

2. domaz

domaz Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Try locking your film base color and exposure. Tutorial here. If that still doesn't work it's probably a development error.

3. Medusa83

Medusa83 Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    When I scanned it on a Nuirtsu it was fine. I think it depends on scanners because I have seen quite a few red colour casts when looking at samples of Ektar online.

4. OP
    OP
    Fredrik Sandstrom

Fredrik Sandstrom Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks domaz, I should have mentioned that I did lock exposure and film base color - I always do that when scanning an entire roll.

5. SuzanneR

SuzanneR Moderator Staff Member Moderator
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.