Ektachrome 100 Plus

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by Ektagraphic, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Ektagraphic

Ektagraphic Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hello Everyone-
    I have never used Ektachrome 100 Plus and I am interested in it. I would like to know how it compares to E100G. It is more expensive than the other Ektachromes which I find rather interesting. It is even more than E200. Thanks
    Patrick

2. PHOTOTONE

PHOTOTONE Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    If you mean "EPP" Ektachrome EPP, then I have used it exclusively in my studio for 20 years or more for product photography. It is a bit more saturated and slightly warm. It is an old generation film, but still popular in large format.

3. OP
    OP
    Ektagraphic

Ektagraphic Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Thanks. Yes I meant EPP. I am going to order some.

4. StorminMatt

StorminMatt Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Compared to E100G, there are a couple of notable differences. First of all, as already mentioned, saturation is somewhat higher. It's not Velvia or E100VS high. But I would call it moderately high. Also, it seems to be grainier than E100G. This is probably due to the fact that EPP is a traditional emulsion rather than a T-grain emulsion. In any case, if you don't mind the grain too much, EPP might be worth considering due to the saturation. In this respect, it occupies a unique niche in the sense that saturation is increased, but not crazy high.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.