Ektachrome 100 Plus

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by Ektagraphic, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Ektagraphic

Ektagraphic Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hello Everyone-
    I have never used Ektachrome 100 Plus and I am interested in it. I would like to know how it compares to E100G. It is more expensive than the other Ektachromes which I find rather interesting. It is even more than E200. Thanks
    Patrick

2. PHOTOTONE

PHOTOTONE Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    If you mean "EPP" Ektachrome EPP, then I have used it exclusively in my studio for 20 years or more for product photography. It is a bit more saturated and slightly warm. It is an old generation film, but still popular in large format.

3. OP
    OP
    Ektagraphic

Ektagraphic Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Thanks. Yes I meant EPP. I am going to order some.

4. StorminMatt

StorminMatt Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Compared to E100G, there are a couple of notable differences. First of all, as already mentioned, saturation is somewhat higher. It's not Velvia or E100VS high. But I would call it moderately high. Also, it seems to be grainier than E100G. This is probably due to the fact that EPP is a traditional emulsion rather than a T-grain emulsion. In any case, if you don't mind the grain too much, EPP might be worth considering due to the saturation. In this respect, it occupies a unique niche in the sense that saturation is increased, but not crazy high.