Members
Latest member
JKFTL
Recent bookmarks

AndreasT

Shooter
Multi Format
Hi all,
I would like to use IR film for the very first time. What I am unsure about is how safe the bellows are. I remember reading many years ago that one must use a metal camera otherwise the film will fog or go black. Surely this is exaggerated, but how safe are the normal canvas and the leather wide-angle bellows from Cambo.
Thanks,
Andreas

keithwms

Shooter
Multi Format
Nah you don't need a metal camera. You just have to test. I would also recommend putting a (non cotton) thick dark cloth over the whole rig while exposing. Another potential source of fog are the filmholders, you have to test those too (so far I am having no issues with the new fidelity holders). It's hard to say whether certain bellows will or won't work, you have to test them. I had some bellows on my horseman VH that definitely leaked IR. I haven't had issues with any other bellows, including cambo bellows. Leather should be fine. But it's almost always best to err on the side of caution!

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom