Members
Latest member
swededreams
Recent bookmarks

garryl

Shooter
35mm
Browsing the data sheets of EFKE films from JandC Photo, I notice reference
to and times for EFKE FR-14, FR-16, and FR E-24 developers. Does anybody have any information about these products? What they are, what are their characteristics, or who handles them?

jandc

Efke FR-14 is similar to D-76. Efke no longer produces any of these developers and they are not available. FR E-24 was a high speed low grain developer with excellent push charasterics.

noseoil

Shooter
Multi Format
For Efke 25 try PMK pyro. It gives very nice results with good tonal values, sharp edges and very smooth prints. Unblinkingeye.com has a decent list of developers for Efke.

moretto

Shooter
35mm RF
As far as I know, EFKE only delivers FR16, which is too fast to give satisfactory results(3-4 minutes). I am using D76, 1+1, for Efke KB25 and KB50 5-6 minutes, for KB100 about 10 minutes. Or Rodinal 1+100 for 12/14/16 minutes(25/50/100 asa).
For fast developing you can use Ilfosol S, 1+9, 4 mins for 100 asa, 3-3,5 mins for 25 and 50, but you won't have very good results, about the same as FR16.

Denis P.

Shooter
Multi Format
The only remaining Efke (Fotokemika) chemicals are FR-16 developer and FF-2 fixer (both liquid concentrates). The also produce fixer in powdered form (FF-4, I think).
Nothing special, although I like the results I'm getting wuth FR-16 for paper development with Efke papers. Under certain conditions it amost acts as a warmtone developer (I noticed it mostly with my contact prints).

haris

FR-16 is so called "universal" developer, that is, it is for film and paper. As Denis said, nothing special, but if you don't have anything else and are in a hurry, it will develop your film. I used it for developing EFKE papers, and few times I developed efke film (EFKE) it was OK. Then again, it was in my young photography days, so I didn't have much experience then (not that I have it much more today :smile:)...

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom