Members
Latest member
adam m
Recent bookmarks

Terrence Brennan

Subscriber
Shooter
35mm
Can anybody recommend a lab or labs which have a high enough volume of E6 film so that they have a stable process? I m in Ottawa, Ontario, and realize that the film will have to be shipped as the last lab in Ottawa no longer processes E6 film.

1kgcoffee

Shooter
Medium Format
I had some odd results with The lab in vancouver, not sure if it was the processing but strange artifacts on a few shots - shipment and processing + sleeve (yes they charge for film sleeve LOL, $2.50) and tax You're looking at close to $40 for one roll of film, unmounted. It may be worth it if you send in multiple rolls. I doubt they're earning much in the way of profit but home processing seems like a much better deal. If I lived in Vancouver, I would use them all the time.

On the plus side they got the film very flat and were very fast in turnaround and customer service.

MattKing

Shooter
Multi Format
I had some odd results with The lab in vancouver, not sure if it was the processing but strange artifacts on a few shots - shipment and processing + sleeve (yes they charge for film sleeve LOL, $2.50) and tax You're looking at close to $40 for one roll of film, unmounted. It may be worth it if you send in multiple rolls. I doubt they're earning much in the way of profit but home processing seems like a much better deal. If I lived in Vancouver, I would use them all the time.

On the plus side they got the film very flat and were very fast in turnaround and customer service.
I've never been charged for a sleeve at the Lab - what format was the film?

1kgcoffee

Shooter
Medium Format
I've never been charged for a sleeve at the Lab - what format was the film?

220 Astia bought on photrio. Gorgeous film They charged me for three sleeves ($7.50). The lady told me it was $2.50 for a sleeve (I thought total) or they could send it back rolled up. Turnaround was quick but not worth it for out of province. Everything else was priced fairly in my opinion including shipping.

Last edited:

MattKing

Shooter
Multi Format
220 Astia bought on photrio. Gorgeous film They charged me for three sleeves ($7.50). The lady told me it was $2.50 for a sleeve (I thought total) or they could send it back rolled up. Turnaround was quick but not worth it for out of province. Everything else was priced fairly in my opinion including shipping.
Ah, I see the problem.
The film I get from them is in a sleeve and rolled up, but it is 120, not 220.
Is there any chance what you mean by a sleeve I describe as a (Printfile) page?

MattKing

Shooter
Multi Format
Yes that's correct.
The rolled up and sleeved film is well protected until I have a chance to cut and transfer it to my Printfile pages.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom