Drone and Aerial Photography

Discussion in 'Call for Entries' started by nsurit, Jul 21, 2017.

1. nsurit

nsurit Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Here is one for all the high flying photographers. Trying to figure out how I can enter something done with my Aero-Ektar and speed graphic that does require me to get in an airplane. Others may not have that concern. Check it out. http://texasphoto.org/current-call-for-entry

2. Rick A

Rick A Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I have a stack of 4x5 negatives from the early 1950's, aerial shots of St. Marys, Pa. using a Speed Graphic, but unknown lens. These were given to me by the photographers son.

3. AWS_ATL

AWS_ATL Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I was wondering if you could rig a radio transmitter to a pin that would act as a release cable. Make it Bluetooth compatible. Seems like this wouldn't be hard....

4. cliveh

cliveh Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm RF
  5. Prof_Pixel

Prof_Pixel Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    It can be done, but NOT cheaply! Some quick checking on the internet gave me the following estimates: A Speed Graphic weighs about 6 lbs. The cheapest heavy lift drone capable of such weight goes for about $4,500

You could spent many hours in a single engine light plane for that money, and get the photos you actually wanted.

6. mgb74

mgb74 Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    This is a big warning flag to me: "People tell me I love to over-do color saturation, but I think my colors are natural." I could be wrong but tells me the juror is going for the unnatural, high-hdr, look.

But if you're going for the A-for-effort prize, how about a weather balloon. You'd need a way to trip the shutter (a solenoid grafted to a cable release?) and wouldn't really have a clue as to what your aero-ektar is seeing. But your feet would still be on the ground.

7. adelorenzo

adelorenzo Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.