adam m
Recent bookmarks

removed account4

Subscriber
Shooter
Hybrid
at the bottom of the pages are these cool ebay ads
and i saw one today ( actually yesterday ) that ive been thinking about
for IDK 20 years :smile: and it seems the technology has gotten like its a no brainer.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/B-J-Large-...560334?hash=item41ef0e368e:g:ITYAAOSwsD1brTNG

i know soon enough this ad won't work anymore but still i thought it was fun
its a burke and james 5x7 camera with a doxie document scanner mated to the back of it
like a reducing back kind of attachment .. simple enough ...
samples of work done with it and it looks like a no brainer :smile:

has anyone mated a scanner to the back of their large format scanner and gotten useful results like this ?
the doxie sells at amazon for IDK $200 dollars or something .. maybe next year even less
and the year after even less ...
there is someone making his own 8x10 digital backs ( can't remember his name, sorry ) and they
seem like they are going to cost a small fortune .. this thing costs nothing by comparison
and its a lot more user friendly than what i wasnted to do back in the day which was like
a giant scanner .. this thing is like 2x a film holder ! and 5x7 !
and i think ? its wireless ?!
on a similar note ..
there is a guy somewhere in rochester who has one of the uber rare xerox 11x14 cameras ..
basically its a zerox machine attached ( cabled ) to a 11x14 camera ... he does all sorts of stuff
portraits / still lifes ( or is it lives ? ) with it .. archival xerox's ( 11x14 ) are made soon after the
button is pushed ...
maybe the doxie will be made even bigger ! and ULF camera users will be making direct scan'ed portraits in the next few years, sounds FUN!

YMMV

Andrew O'Neill

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
I taped a cheap scanner to the back of my 8x10 about 10 years ago. It worked better than I expected... The scanner was powered by USB, so if I wanted, I could go out in the field with it and my laptop... I never did, though. Too busy putting film on the back, instead! Might give it a go again if I can find another smallish scanner...

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom