Members
Latest member
Agreenier
Recent bookmarks

braxus

Subscriber
Shooter
Hybrid
I used to own the 3600 some years ago and shouldn't have gotten rid of it. I sold it for almost nothing back when. I also checked into the 544 flash and they look almost identical. What is the real difference between these 2 flashes from Sunpak? I plan to use it with my Pentax 67 again, as it worked well with that camera.

wiltw

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
A basic difference, is the power output. The 3600 has a lower guide number, ISO 100 GN120, while the 544 has GN140.

Helge

Shooter
Medium Format
AFAIR there is also some differences in the manual controls between two. And not necessarily in favor of the most powerful unit.
Read the manuals.

wiltw

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Which makes 1/2 stop...

Yes, not much difference. But one could say the same about difference between Metz 45 vs. Metz 60 ! :cool:
Yet there are those who preferred the Metz 60.
And then there is the Canon 580EX vs 430EX...GN150 vs GN130 at 50mm FL, and folks preferred the 580EX at f/6.8 (vs f/5.9) at 22' shooting ISO 100.

I am hoping a knowledgable person in Sunpak models can articulate other differences in the flash units in questions. I know that differentiating models is sometimes quite subtle...like 45CT3 vs. 45CT4 vs 45CT5.

Last edited:

AgX

Shooter
Multi Format
That would at least be 1 stop. Seemingly enough for some to pefer the model 60, though at press work, the model 45 became standard.

At the Canon flashes the various features seem to have been more important than insignificant differences in output.

OP
OP
braxus

braxus

Subscriber
Shooter
Hybrid
Well I ended up purchasing another 3600. I don't think I'll need the extra power in my uses. Im familiar with the 3600, so I went with it again. Prices for the 544 are higher in some cases anyway.

Where are people finding the manual for this flash anyway? I dont really need one, as the flash is simple to use. But it would be nice to go over for any reason.

wiltw

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Well I ended up purchasing another 3600. I don't think I'll need the extra power in my uses. Im familiar with the 3600, so I went with it again. Prices for the 544 are higher in some cases anyway.

Where are people finding the manual for this flash anyway? I dont really need one, as the flash is simple to use. But it would be nice to go over for any reason.

butkus

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford Photo ADOX Freestyle Photographic Photo Warehouse Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom