Members
Latest member
David1
Recent bookmarks

Eric Rose

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
I do not use tubes and never plan to. Searched the archives but can't find any times for FP4+ developed in PyroCat-HD in tanks. The preferred dilutions are 1:1:100, but will entertain others. Film is rated at 125 ASA. I print by enlargement on VC paper.

Any help would be appreciated. Also while I mainly do 4x5 I have about 6 rolls of minicam (35mm) stuff to develop too. Also FP4+. Do I use the same times??

Thanks,

Eric

mikepry

Subscriber
Shooter
Large Format
I'd love to know some starting times as well for fp4 in 35mm.

Aggie

Shooter
Multi Format
ditto 120, as the 4x5 will be covered with Eric's question.

Andy Tymon

Shooter
Multi Format
I asked Sandy King this question and he pointed me towards the unblinking eye article he wrote. He recommended a starting time of 9 minutes if you are using continuous agitation.I use this as my normal time for Fp4+@64 asa, for rotary processing.Hope this helps

OP
OP
Eric Rose

Eric Rose

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Andy Tymon said:
I asked Sandy King this question and he pointed me towards the unblinking eye article he wrote. He recommended a starting time of 9 minutes if you are using continuous agitation.I use this as my normal time for Fp4+@64 asa, for rotary processing.Hope this helps

As I said I don't use tubes and don't do rotary processing and I rate my film at 125, so I guess I'm still looking. Sandy pointed me to the same excellent article, but for developing times it doesn't help me.

There has to be someone out there still using hangers besides me!

Donald Miller

Shooter
Large Format
My experience indicates that FP4 will support 125 EI. A development time of 9 1/2 - 10 minutes will get you into the ball park for printing on VC paper with a diffusion light source enlarger.

A great deal depends on your agitation procedures using a tank and also where you place your low values when determining your exposure.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom