Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Fintan

Fintan

Shooter
Multi Format
Thanks Ian, I did check this already.
Agfa only give small tank times for tri-x, they do give rotary times for APX though, but its tri-x I need if anyone can help me.

clogz

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
The rule of thumb with all sorts of ''rolling" processing is to take the recommended time minus ten percent. If you use a diffusor enlarger - you'll need a bit more contrast in your negs then - I always take the recommended time. It takes a bit of testing out.
Some diffusors are softer than others.
Regards
Hans

Ian Grant

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Fintan said:
Agfa only give small tank times for tri-x, they do give rotary times for APX though, but its tri-x I need if anyone can help me.

Sticking the various comparative times in a spread sheet shows that Agfa reduce the time by an average of 15% for Rotary processors and round up or down to the nearest minute

This gives times for Rodinal of:

Kodak Tri-X 1 + 25 6 min ISO 500/28°
1 + 50 12 min ISO 500/28°

Hope that helps, I do have a full Agfa data sheet somewhere for Rodinal which I know does have the times for a wide variety of films and includes Rotary processors. The times I've given are only rounded up by 3 & 6 secomds !

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford Photo ADOX Freestyle Photographic Photo Warehouse Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom