Dave Easterwood's contact information

Discussion in 'Photographers' started by J Durr, Jun 18, 2016.

1. J Durr

J Durr Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Does anybody know how to contact Dave Easterwood at Dave's Camera Repair? He has my Hasselblad for a CLA and will not return my emails.
    Please help, if you can.
    Thanks

2. MrBrowning

MrBrowning Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  3. OP
    OP
    J Durr

J Durr Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Called......no answer
    emailed several times.....no replies

But thanks

4. MrBrowning

MrBrowning Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have spoken with him several times between 5-27 & 6-10. I tried to called Thursday and Friday but he didn't answer. I'd guess vacation or something of the sort. Leave a message and I bet he will get back to you next week. :smile:

5. OP
    OP
    J Durr

J Durr Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I will do that....thank you.

6. eharriett

eharriett Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hi, please forgive the resurrection of an old post, but does anyone know if something is up with him?

He has two of my cameras — one of which is very important to me — and he has returned nothing of mine. Last contact was in April, where he said he’d be done in a few days, then no contact. I am able to put read receipts on all my messages, and every message I’d sent him has been opened. But I had never gotten a response. And when I looked a little closer on his Facebook page, it seems I’m not the only one with this problem.

Does anyone have any info? Is he all right? Should I be concerned?
    Thanks

7. CMoore

CMoore Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Sorry to sound callous, but after Two Years, (or April of your Emails) who gives an F if he is OK or not..!?
    He might be dead for that matter.
    The question is.....How can you get your gear.?

8. eharriett

eharriett Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Well, I’m being kind because something uncontrollable may have happened. Medical issue, accident, disaster. I don’t know yet. Might be negligence, might be life. That camera is important to me, but I know sometimes stuff happens and a stricken life is more important. I’m trying to give the benefit of the doubt before I consider next steps.

9. choiliefan

choiliefan Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Time to do some detective work.
    Last time I dealt with a deadbeat vendor I called his local sheriff and discovered if I made a formal complaint, a warrant for his arrest would be issued.
    My next email to deadbeat informed if he didn't immediately respond I would proceed as his local law enforcement suggested.
    The items were shipped to me the next day.
    Of course, Mr Easterwood's local laws may work differently but you can look into it or hire someone to investigate.
    If your emails to him are being read but not answered, I smell a rat.

10. eharriett

eharriett Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Good ideas. I might have to go that route. I've reached out to some other people on Facebook who have mentioned they are missing their cameras too. As near as I can tell, he was one of the best of the best until 2016, and then almost like a light switch, this has happened. It leads me to wonder if there's something else that's going on. It doesn't excuse it, but it might explain it when service goes from top to bottom so quickly.

11. CMoore

CMoore Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    If this guy is a Legitimate Business.....doesn't The State AG field these types of complaints about Theft/Fraud.?

12. eharriett

eharriett Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Not sure. I suppose my first step would be to contact the Chelsea PD first and ask them.

13. btaylor

btaylor Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Oh yikes. I sent him a Rolleiflex to service last week. I had dealt with him some years ago and while the return time kept getting extended he did come through with the work. Now I am not so sure I will get my 3.5f back.

14. eharriett

eharriett Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Don’t panic yet. However it might be a good idea to check on it.

Although that is very interesting: he’s taking new cameras but not updating people about the status of the ones they sent.

And lest you think I am making this up, I shall remind you I have read receipts on all my emails. He can say what he wishes, but if an email is opened, it can be returned :smile:

15. choiliefan

choiliefan Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hope he hasn't gone the way of Bob Shell.
    Lot of tragic things can happen in a lifetime...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.