Threads
Members
Latest member
coralluxurycleaning
Recent bookmarks

Donald Miller

Shooter
Large Format
I have made contact with one of this sites sponsors regarding volume purchases and discounts of film and papers. It was suggested to me that it may be worthwhile to have several of us come together and combine our purchases to arrange more favorable pricing. Are any of you interested? Message or email me if this is of interest.

Chuck_P

Subscriber
Shooter
4x5 Format
I have just received a shipment of film and paper. I'm interested, but it may be a while until I could possibly contribute to something like that.

OP
OP

Donald Miller

Shooter
Large Format
I understand. I will probably be placing an order for film this next week. I figured I'd give those interested a week to decide and to let me know what they wanted. After that, it would be the next time that I ordered film.

OP
OP

Donald Miller

Shooter
Large Format
Anything that JandC sells. There is no requirement to buy the same film/format/paper/size. I was told that a volume discount would be extended on the basis of dollar volume of the order (provided a large enough order can be put together). The one requirement is that it be a single order and shipped to a single address.

David A. Goldfarb

Shooter
Large Format
Would the discount be enough to offset the double shipping expenses?

OP
OP

Donald Miller

Shooter
Large Format
David,

That will depend on the size of the order and discount obtained. Usually the weight of a combined order will not be the only determining factor. I will of course be ordering from JandC myself so part of the first shipment charges will be absorbed by me. The second shipment should be roughly equal to a shipment directly from JandC since I am within several hundred miles of their location.

For instance for 20 boxes or rolls of film...a twenty percent discount would apply. I would assume that John will work the discount in some similar fashion on dollar volume of the order.

Alex Hawley

Shooter
Large Format
David, you mean you don't want to journey to Kansas to pick up your order? I could pick you up at the Kansas City airport; four or five hours later we could be in Wichita at Don's place. Then you could say you met the two Large Format guys in Kansas! (Sorry, couldn't resist. Actually, we could pick up the entire order after picking you up at the airport, assuming it would fit in my pickup.)

OP
OP

Donald Miller

Shooter
Large Format
David, I think that Alex plans on waylaying you somewhere along the Kansas Turnpike...I figure three hours to KCI...

Alex Hawley

Shooter
Large Format
Well of course! I would have to show David the Two (water)Towers of New Strawn! That's a 22 mile detour from Beto Junction. Then of course, the Knute Rockney memorial at Matsfield Green -----

OP
OP

Donald Miller

Shooter
Large Format
Alex Hawley said:
Well of course! I would have to show David the Two (water)Towers of New Strawn! That's a 22 mile detour from Beto Junction. Then of course, the Knute Rockney memorial at Matsfield Green -----

Two water towers??? What have I been missing? Maybe I mistook one for Knutes final resting place...

Better watch myself...probably some Notre Dame alumni on hand...

David A. Goldfarb

Shooter
Large Format
It's looking like we're not in Kansas anymore....

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom