pdeeh

Shooter
Multi Format
the trouble is if you open the back by accident all the pixels escape

AgX

Shooter
Multi Format
Showing a typical analogue SLR:
EXCEPT, that this illustration does not include the digital sensor or Pentaprism mirror sections; it demonstrates the older film SLR models.

The cross section of a DSLR camera differs primarily in internal component construction; where the film is replaced by a Pentaprism mirror assembly and its necessary hardware.

The DSLR camera uses an internal mirror assembly to reflect the image onto the view-finder. The viewfinder is the 2.5 display screen on the back of your DSLR Camera body.

bsdunek

Shooter
Multi Format
"The cross section of a DSLR camera differs primarily in internal component construction; where the film is replaced by a Pentaprism mirror assembly and its necessary hardware."

Funny, I thought the film was replaced by the CCD or MOS sensor. Guess I don't know much.

Also, why show a film camera if they're talking about digital cameras. Kind of a dumb artical.

E. von Hoegh

Shooter
Multi Format

momus

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
Excellent info on that link EvH. The comments below the article are quite nice, and the links for Recommended Reading are keepers as well. I'm looking forward to reading about those 500 poses for group photography. For some reason, I thought there were only 420 or so. Who knew?

Prof_Pixel

Shooter
35mm
I was trolling through Google in photography when I ran across this and thought it would be a good waste of my time. This is what I found:http://www.photographytalk.com/photography-articles/298-how-to-clean-your-dslr-camera-a-lens

Included was this photo:
View attachment 78174
# 5 strikes me as a rare addition in a dig----l camera.

If you read the article it says:"This is a great cross-section of a typical SLR camera, EXCEPT, that this illustration does not include the digital sensor or Pentaprism mirror sections; it demonstrates the older film SLR models."

lxdude

Shooter
Multi Format
I would not let whoever wrote that article clean any camera of mine, even a point & shoot.

lxdude

Shooter
Multi Format
If you read the article it says:"This is a great cross-section of a typical SLR camera, EXCEPT, that this illustration does not include the digital sensor or Pentaprism mirror sections; it demonstrates the older film SLR models."
EXCEPT, it did include the pentaprism and mirror sections.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford Photo ADOX Freestyle Photographic Photo Warehouse Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom