Christmas 2017

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by ctrout, Dec 26, 2017.

1. ctrout

ctrout Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    So, I saw the thread a couple weeks ago asking what you hoped to get for Christmas. Now let's see if your 35mm analog Christmas wishes came true. Mine Did!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. So when will you be scuba diving next? Enjoy.

3. OP
    OP
    ctrout

ctrout Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I don't dive but the kids and I spend a lot of time at the lake in the summer so I thought it might be fun to take some "wet" shots. I might have to figure out how to lure some of the cold water fish that we have here in Idaho, in front of the lens.

4. Xia_Ke

Xia_Ke Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Nothing much this Christmas for photography gear. I got a lens pouch from Santa and I bought myself a Certo Six. However, I got lots of needed/wanted gear for adventures to get out and use the gear I do have.

I look forward to hearing how you like the Nikonos. I've been contemplating one for a while.

CertoSix-1.jpg

5. Alan Gales

Alan Gales Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Do it.

We used to have an above ground pool and I thought a Nikonos would be fun for my daughter and her friends to use but I never got one. I now wish that I did for the pictures. I could have always sold it after the girls grew up and the pool was gone.

6. Chan Tran

Chan Tran Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I had a couple of Nikonos V, an olive one and an orange one but neither is as nice as yours.

7. OP
    OP
    ctrout

ctrout Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I love the folder! I have thought about getting something like that so I can have medium format goodness without having to tote around my RB67 or C33.
    I think I'll just roll as much Tri-X as I can fit into a canister, load it into the Nikonos, and toss it to the kids as the head to the water. I'd liove to see what they come back with.
    Thanks. It was like opening the box new from a retailer. Even the original hanging price tag was included. 70,500 Yen I think it was.

8. R.Gould

R.Gould Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    My better half gave me a couple of cameras for a Christmas, one was a Ensign Commando that I had been eyeing up for a while, and the second is a Meopta Milona folder, an unusual in that instead of folding out with the door it kin of comes out straight , much like some of the ''press'' cameras, only instead of LF it uses 120, and works great. She also got me a stack of my fav film, Fomapan 400
    Richard

9. guangong

guangong Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Not a camera or photo accessory, but wife gave me a mint 20x to 60x ocular for my Leica Televid spotting scope. Always wanted one.

10. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    A 100 sheet pack of 8"x10" Ilford MGIV-RC in Pearl;
    Two books - the Yale University Press catalogue of the 2013 National Portrait Gallery's Man Ray exhibition, and Susan Faludi's "In The Darkroom" (which has at least a connection with photography;
    And not really a Christmas present, but a much appreciated present none-the-less - a Silver Magnet, the silver recovery device that John Nanian sells.

11. Xia_Ke

Xia_Ke Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Exactly why I got it. The S2a outfit gets a little heavy at times...lol I had one a few years ago and foolishly traded it away. Figured it was about time to get another.

12. benjiboy

benjiboy Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    I got nothing photographic for Christmas, I got a new Moto 5Gs plus smartphone from my wife, and a black three-layer Gore-tex U.S Army Extreme Cold Weather Parker from my two sons,.that will be much appreciated in the coming bad weather.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  13. Theo Sulphate

Theo Sulphate Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Beautiful example of a Nikonos! Have fun with it and watch the water seals on it.

14. Sponsored Ad
  15. Chan Tran

Chan Tran Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    The water seals are just O Rings. I still have a set and a tube of O Ring grease that came with the rings.

16. Cholentpot

Cholentpot Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Nothing for Xmas but I did add for Chanukah two XA2s and an OG Oly Epic to my growing point and shoot family.

[​IMG]

No battery cap for one of the XA2s, working on a solution...

17. kneemeister

kneemeister Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I bought myself a Pentax LX from Adorama Friday, than got boerd Christmas morning and got a Nikon FG off Ebay.

18. Rick A

Rick A Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I scored a 4x5 back for my 5x7, still awaiting it's arrival. Not really a Christmas gift, I purchased it for myself.

19. OP
    OP
    ctrout

ctrout Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Nice! I got an LX for Christmas last year.

20. kneemeister

kneemeister Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    My Pentax collection is almost complete, if I ignore the various cheap ZX's ( I have a -5. -7. and -L) and the pre Spotmatics. Of course my GAS has now fallen on Nikon,
    I had fun last month Shooting around Walt Disney World with my MX and ES II, got lots of comments. Of course in 7 days I saw a bazillion Canons and Nikons and exactly one Pentax that wasnt my K-3II, MX or ES II.

21. OP
    OP
    ctrout

ctrout Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I know what you mean about the Pentax collection being "almost cpomplete." I like the Pre-Spotmatics myself though. Not a fan of anything later that the Super A or LX.
    20170728_1244042.jpg

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  22. Theo Sulphate

Theo Sulphate Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Best solution I can think of is to buy a known broken XA2 for little money on ebay and use its cap.

That Pen EE is just irresistible: if I had one I wouldn't be able to restrain myself from putting film in it and shooting the whole roll, even if all the shots were of my dining room.

23. Cholentpot

Cholentpot Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I baby the Pen because that sensor has a limited lifetime. I'm afraid of losing the cap. It's my family diary camera. Lens is sharp as anything.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. Theo Sulphate

Theo Sulphate Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Nice. I lust after a clean working KX... will find one someday.

Now, with a view camera and front shift you can make head-on photos into a mirror like that without either the camera or you appearing in the photo.

25. cooltouch

cooltouch Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    I got this for Christmas:

Yep.

26. kneemeister

kneemeister Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Wow, my LX arrived today from Adorama with a winder. It was only rated V on the used site, but other than someones name neatly engraved on the back and some light corosion on the winder battery tray terminals it is in great condition.
    IMG_0008 (2).JPG

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017