Check this New Mexico photographers work.. WOW!!

Recent Classifieds

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawnmcc
Recent bookmarks

ToddB

Shooter
Medium Format
Dead Link Removed

Amazing.. and he uses 5x7 view camera.. with FILM!!!

Todd

Shooter
Multi Format
Thanks Todd. The user interface of his site using my iPhone is simply awful but once I found the images it was worth it. Some gorgeous work on there.

Klainmeister

Shooter
Medium Format
Thanks for the link Todd. Oddly, I haven't come across any of this work here in Santa Fe (???) but will go search it out now. Very solid LFF work.

OP
OP

ToddB

Shooter
Medium Format
Hey K,

I live in Rio Rancho, right down the hill. cool! Yhea.. he is having a show. Saw the news feature on KQRE news. That one image of someone holding that goat.. incredible detail!

Shooter
Multi Format
Agrred on the goat photograph. Those hands tell a story on their own. I'll check this out tonight on a bigger screen. Thank you for sharing this.

Klainmeister

Shooter
Medium Format
Todd, one of these days you'll make it up here and come stop by Bostick-Sullivan right? Get you hooked on some alt. process stuff.

Dr Croubie

Shooter
Multi Format
Good photos, bad site.
I personally hate sites that are all Flash and just slideshow the pics at me for half a second. What I saw of the ones that I managed to see before my eyes started hurting were great though.

Bob Carnie

Subscriber
Shooter
Med. Format RF
The skies are generally overdone for my taste.
I printed a show for this Photographer about 8 years ago , it hung in the Albequrquee Museum, I remember at the time my first test prints for approval the sky's were not as dramatic and he insisted on going deeper and more
dramatic.. This was a bone of contention during his stay up here as we printed.

jtk

Shooter
35mm
I printed a show for this Photographer about 8 years ago , it hung in the Albequrquee Museum, I remember at the time my first test prints for approval the sky's were not as dramatic and he insisted on going deeper and moredramatic.. This was a bone of contention during his stay up here as we printed.

fwiw my impression from his website and various gossip is that he may be a bit of a challenge...however his large format B&W work, seen in his Ghost Ranch prints is compelling. Some potential students may be willing to pay that beyond-money price to learn from him. My guess is that he doesn't actually realize how good he can be (like many of us) ... and may overcompensate with too much drama. I've only had one teacher, a Minor White personal student , so maybe I'm especially interested in photos with context (would include the remarkable dedication Varjabedian put into his Ghost Ranch photos).

Last edited:
Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford Photo ADOX Freestyle Photographic Photo Warehouse Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom