Canon EOS 1V prices

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by jeroldharter, Feb 14, 2009.

1. jeroldharter

jeroldharter Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I want to sell my camera but have not been able to find "the going rate" for it. I have a mint Canon EOS 1V, probably shot 3 rolls total.

Any ideas about a fair price for this? Thanks.

2. PHOTOTONE

PHOTOTONE Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I suggest you look on a web site that sells used cameras, such as KEH.com. Which shows prices from $480 to $599. These are their retail prices. They would give you much less if you wanted to sell to them.

3. Chazzy

Chazzy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Simply search completed auctions on eBay. If you don't know how to do that, just say so, and someone will be happy to explain.

4. Tim Gray

Tim Gray Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Does it have any grips or the connection software and cable? These things will raise the price. I got mine about 2 years ago for $650 with all that but about 200 rolls shot on it. I think $500-700 is a fair price. Yours should fetch on the high side since it's so new, but if it doesn't come with a grip or the cable, that will lower it some. So $500-700.

5. Poisson Du Jour

Poisson Du Jour Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Groups:
    I saw a 1V on Friday in Melbourne for AUD$1200 mint body only.
    The 1V is a pro-level and current-spec model, not a discontinued product, so it can still command a fairly good trade, but undoubtedly much less cash-in-hand at a dealer; they'd likely wrangle you into trading up to digital. Resist the devil!! :mad:

6. OP
    OP
    jeroldharter

jeroldharter Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Thanks for the replies. Don't know why it did not occur to me to check KEH.

I have tried searching Ebay, but all I get is a composite or number of items sold and price range which is a bit sketchy.

I think the advice of $500-700 sounds reasonable. I have no accessories, just the body.

7. alanrockwood

alanrockwood Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Are you a member of ebay? If so then search on "canon 1v". Then click on the button (or whatever it's called) under "search options" on the left of the screen that says "completed listings." That will take you to a list of all recent sales that include "canon 1v" in the listing title. You can see the details of each sale. If you are not a member then you cannot do that kind of search.

It looks like most sales of 1v bodies are going in the $400-500 range. Some are a bit less (say $350), and some are quite a bit more (say $700), especially if an extra is included.

8. Vanishing Point Ent.

Vanishing Point Ent. Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm interested in the Canon EOS 1 V.

I would be interested, but it would take me a little while to get the cash. If you were with eBay, you could take PayPal.
    I already have the PB-2 grip.

9. OP
    OP
    jeroldharter

jeroldharter Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I sold this quite a while ago through the APUG classifieds.