Threads
Members
Latest member
jowens
Recent bookmarks

david b

Shooter
Medium Format
I am interested in buying the Calumet Travelite 750's strobes to do portraits with as well as some still life work.

I am interested in these because I will have to travel a little with lighting and these seem like a great set-up.

So, can you all give me some advice or tips or tell me of your experiences with these lights?

thanks.

c6h6o3

Shooter
Large Format
david b said:
I am interested in buying the Calumet Travelite 750's strobes to do portraits with as well as some still life work.

I am interested in these because I will have to travel a little with lighting and these seem like a great set-up.

So, can you all give me some advice or tips or tell me of your experiences with these lights?

thanks.

I've been using two 750s and a 250 for nigh onto ten years now and they're still giving me beautiful light. I haven't even had to change a modelling lamp. They're made by Bowen. You can't go wrong.

pwitkop

Shooter
Multi Format
I check the travelites out from school often, and I like them quit a bit. They're great lights, I haven't really anything much negative to say about them. They can be a bit on the heavy side way out on a boom, but that's really any mono-light. They seem pretty rugged, all the equiptment at checkout at Brooks gets _a lot_ of use, and they seem to hold up well. When I was looking at buying a light kit, my old roommate who works at checkout at Brooks said the travelite gear went in for repair pretty infrequently, only a little more than the old norman packs, which are pretty indestructable. The only thing I'd like to see would be a protective glass dome over flash tube and the modeling light like the norman heads, but that's not a big issue IMHO.

Peter

steve

david b said:

thanks.

I've got a 500, 750 and a Traveler 3000 with three heads. My only complaint was the 750's output adjustment quit working after it hit a concrete floor from the top of a 10-foot stand because we hadn't sand bagged the stand's legs. Still worked - just couldn't adjust the power output.

Have used them for nearly 10 years - like 'em a lot. Lots of accessories from Calumet.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom