Threads
Members
Latest member
brianatkinsphoto
Recent bookmarks

Dickco

Shooter
4x5 Format
I have returned to C 41 processing. The first two batches of negatives ( 24 total) done in a JOBO were normal. Subsequent batches have pale green cast (prints red on the contacts). Mixed new LORR LU Developer but no improvement. Re-bleached and re-fixed with fresh chemistry but no improvement. A year and half ago I had problem with high contrast due to inadequate bleaching ( assumed the new 400 Portra was exhausting the bleach prematurely).Re-bleaching and re-fixing solved it.
For years I have been using traditional C 41 developer but wanted to avoid mixing and storing 5 gallons of replenisher. THE LORR LU requires mixing only 1.5 liters. Anyway, that's not the problem.
What could cause the green tint in the negatives?
Thanks

BMbikerider

Shooter
35mm
Contamination is a possible but also think of a light leak somewhere. That will give greenish negatives. I know because it happened to me a couple of times when using a defective press on cap on a JOBO tank.

Once it is there and you had bleached and fixed it, there is nothing that can be done.

Last edited by a moderator:

David Lyga

Council
Shooter
35mm
I do not think even the more experienced here are fully aware of how much fog can be caused by a tiny red light. I am talking about a light on a surge protector and even on a manual phone answering machine. It took me a long time to identify this cause and, still, I am dumbfounded with the damage such a tiny light can cause. Color negative film is VERY sensitive to this color. - David Lyga

OP
OP

Dickco

Shooter
4x5 Format
Thank you to all. I have covered the red lights on the JOBO. My suspicion is that I have bleach staining due to exhausted chemistry although I don't use control strips to confirm it. Will try fresh everything later today.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford Photo ADOX Freestyle Photographic Photo Warehouse Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom