Threads
Members
Latest member
kurbaikmcha
Recent bookmarks

Nick Zentena

Shooter
Multi Format
I figured out a way to mount my various barrel lenses in front of the packard shutter that came with my Cambo. The main lenses I wanted to use this way was my Nikkor. 360mm in shutters seem to be expensive and big. Outside of the no longer produced Fuji. All was going well until I went to adjust the aperture on the Nikkor. It's doesn't change. Does anybody know what I could have screwed up? It worked a couple days ago.

pelerin

Shooter
Multi Format
Nick Zentena said:
All was going well until I went to adjust the aperture on the Nikkor. It's doesn't change. Does anybody know what I could have screwed up? It worked a couple days ago.

Hey,
When you say "it does not change" does that mean: 1) the ring turns but the iris does not move, or 2)does that mean that the whole works are jammed and do not move? If the former, remember that (at least on mine) there is more than one ring.
Celac.

Donald Miller

Shooter
Large Format
On my 610 Nikkor there is a set screw on the aperature adjustment that, if lose, will not move the aperture blades when the adjustment is moved.

OP
OP

Nick Zentena

Shooter
Multi Format
Everything spins but the aperture doesn't change.

I tried tighten/loosening the set screw. Still not changing. I think it goes onto the shelf for today so I don't screw it up anymore.

Tom Hoskinson

Shooter
Multi Format
Nick Zentena said:
Everything spins but the aperture doesn't change.

I tried tighten/loosening the set screw. Still not changing. I think it goes onto the shelf for today so I don't screw it up anymore.

Yes, my 360 Apo Nikkors have the same aperture ring/set screw that my other Apo Nikkors have (including the 610mm).

It suppose it is possible that the set screw point has broken off. In any case it sounds like a job for an expert.

It is my understanding that lens disassembly/reassembly on these lenses is very difficult since lens alignment is critical and tricky with these Apo Nikkors.

I don't use a mechanical shutter with these lenses. I use polarfleece lens socks as shutters, described in previous APUG postings.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom