Broken Nikon coolscan 8000

Discussion in 'Scanning and Scanners' started by amellice, Jul 15, 2018.

1. amellice

amellice Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
  2. shutterfinger

shutterfinger Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    How was it broken?
    What accessories come with it?
    How many hours of operation since new?

3. OP
    OP
    amellice

amellice Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Unfortunately I don't know the answer, I bought it from someone and it was broken during transportation, I got refunded but the seller doesn't respond to any questions right now. It comes with power cable and firewire

4. shutterfinger

shutterfinger Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Shipping damage. No holders. Working units with holders going for $450 on ebay, like new or refurbished for top dollar, this one $150 tops.
    Contact one of the ebay members offering service for the Coolscan 8000 about repair.
    The plastic front can be fixed with epoxy. The switch board is likely broken. Due to the dent in the metal cover the frame may be bent.
    I could get it to power on, fix the front plate, but cannot guarantee being able to get it to scan properly.

5. OP
    OP
    amellice

amellice Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    that's a good idea, i'll do that, thanks

6. EdSawyer

EdSawyer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Open the case and see what's going on inside. There are guides to disassembly online, it's not hard. The electronics would be hard to fix but there are some fairly simple mechanical parts inside that are worth looking at. It could be something simple.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.