amellice

amellice

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
How was it broken?
What accessories come with it?
How many hours of operation since new?

Unfortunately I don't know the answer, I bought it from someone and it was broken during transportation, I got refunded but the seller doesn't respond to any questions right now. It comes with power cable and firewire

shutterfinger

Shooter
4x5 Format
Shipping damage. No holders. Working units with holders going for $450 on ebay, like new or refurbished for top dollar, this one $150 tops.
Contact one of the ebay members offering service for the Coolscan 8000 about repair.
The plastic front can be fixed with epoxy. The switch board is likely broken. Due to the dent in the metal cover the frame may be bent.
I could get it to power on, fix the front plate, but cannot guarantee being able to get it to scan properly.

OP
OP
amellice

amellice

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
Shipping damage. No holders. Working units with holders going for $450 on ebay, like new or refurbished for top dollar, this one $150 tops.
Contact one of the ebay members offering service for the Coolscan 8000 about repair.
The plastic front can be fixed with epoxy. The switch board is likely broken. Due to the dent in the metal cover the frame may be bent.
I could get it to power on, fix the front plate, but cannot guarantee being able to get it to scan properly.

that's a good idea, i'll do that, thanks

EdSawyer

Shooter
Multi Format
Open the case and see what's going on inside. There are guides to disassembly online, it's not hard. The electronics would be hard to fix but there are some fairly simple mechanical parts inside that are worth looking at. It could be something simple.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom