Members
Latest member
gigidamico
Recent bookmarks

piu58

Shooter
Medium Format
Dear photographers,

My tiny pocket computer mixed again all of us. Everybody should have a got message from me with a pair of addresses. The first block contains your own address as given to me. Please, make certain that your own address is correct. PM me as soon as possible if a correction is needed to YOUR address.
Please don't mind the numbers, I need them while "mixing" us.

The second block contains the address of your partner: You have to send your print(s) to there. Please wait a few days before sending anything to allow time for corrections. Make sure you mark your box with your name and

BPX 40
on it.

If you are unable to complete your assignment, it is understandable - life often gets in a way of our hobbies. However, it would be very helpful if you let me know so that I could change the assignment to somebody else.

If something is or seems to be wrong, please PM me.

Our timeline:
Print and Send: August 2022 to October 2022
Rest and Relaxation: November 2022

How to avoid taxes / VAT:

If a sending goes outside the U.S. (or more correct: outside your country) it should be a letter, and not a parcel or similar.

Everything you simply put in the letterbox should be a letter. Anything you give at the office may induce taxes. Everything with a custom declaration will induce taxes.

Please keep in mind what "counts" as a letter in your country. In the U.S. it needs to be flexible. In Germany, it may be stiff.

Have fun with BPX!

Last edited:

mfohl

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
What took you so long?? 🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂

Don Heisz

Shooter
35mm RF
I was going to send my prints yesterday, but the Post Office was closed to watch the Queen's funeral (the official reason - I doubt any of them watched it). I will be mailing them today.

Buzz-01

Shooter
35mm
My prints are in the mail today.

And were delivered to my house this weekend.
Received two dark and moody prints, one of an alley in downtown Witchita and one showing apartment stairs.

Both were taken with a Leotax K and Jupiter-12 35mm lens.
Both photos were shot on long expired Tmax 100 and the notes state they were severely underdeveloped.
Still, John managed to make two very nice prints! Plenty contrast with deep darks and good highlights.
The alley is my favorite of the two.

Thank you John!

cramej

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
And were delivered to my house this weekend.
Received two dark and moody prints, one of an alley in downtown Witchita and one showing apartment stairs.

Both were taken with a Leotax K and Jupiter-12 35mm lens.
Both photos were shot on long expired Tmax 100 and the notes state they were severely underdeveloped.
Still, John managed to make two very nice prints! Plenty contrast with deep darks and good highlights.
The alley is my favorite of the two.

Thank you John!

You're welcome! At the time, I hadn't realized that the Arista Premium liquid developer was Clayton F76. Times on the massive dev chart for Arista devs with Tmax 100 are 5! minutes shorter than the F76 listing. I'm really surprised at how easily those printed at a #3 filter.

mfohl

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Well, rats! I used the self-service machine at the post office, and I did the wrong postage, so the envelope came back. But today the nice clerk charged me the right amount (higher, of course), and the envelope is on its way again.

OP
OP
piu58

piu58

Shooter
Medium Format
I got two prints from Don Heisz, thank you!

Both are fine prints. But I found the flowers on dark ground especially attracting. I like this paper too, Is that Art 300?
My wife is biologist and found out what type of lowers this are: Inula helenium, in English most probably Elecampane.

Don Heisz

Shooter
35mm RF
I got two prints from Don Heisz, thank you!

Both are fine prints. But I found the flowers on dark ground especially attracting. I like this paper too, Is that Art 300?
My wife is biologist and found out what type of lowers this are: Inula helenium, in English most probably Elecampane.

It is Art 300. Thanks for finding out what flowers they are - I'll have to look them up. Wilted flowers are among my favourite things to photograph. I'm glad you liked them.

Buzz-01

Shooter
35mm
Just got back from posting my envelope!

You're welcome! At the time, I hadn't realized that the Arista Premium liquid developer was Clayton F76. Times on the massive dev chart for Arista devs with Tmax 100 are 5! minutes shorter than the F76 listing. I'm really surprised at how easily those printed at a #3 filter.

That's quite a difference indeed. The prints look really good though!

OP
OP
piu58

piu58

Shooter
Medium Format
Dear photographers, I did not give the statistics for a while. Sorry for that. Here they are:

Sent: 11/15: piu58(me), cramej, mfohl, Don Heisz, halfaman, Finn lyle, Buzz-01, absalom1951, SergeyS, Trond, Omid_K
Recvd: 4/15: halfaman, Buzz-01, piu58, Omid_K

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom