Black Friday Promo.

Discussion in '[Partner] ILFORD PHOTO' started by John Bragg, Nov 26, 2015.

1. John Bragg

John Bragg Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Thanks Harman Express for the 20% discount offer til Midnight Friday GMT. Use the code BLACK20 at the checkout. :smile:

2. pentaxuser

pentaxuser Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    John, I had never bookmarked Harman Express in the past so googled it and got to the site easily enough but I saw no indication that there was a code BLACK20 discount

Yes you are right in that when you place the code at the checkout it deducts 20% but it would seem that joe public who may have no knowledge of this discount would not get it

Seems a strange way to promote the so-called Black Friday discount if Harman is relying on you via APUG to spread the good news or is it only designed for existing customers who have signed up to notifications?

pentaxuser

3. pentaxuser

pentaxuser Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    I should add that while a 20% discount is a welcome thing, albeit it is very short-term it still leaves the Harman price for a D3200 35 film a little more expensive than the regular price charged by at least one U.K. retailer. I cannot of course without a full search of Harman Express prices say that the 20% discount price is beaten over the whole Harman range by this retailer but it raises major questions on pricing.

I wonder how this retailer is able to pull a rabbit out of a hat to use the magician's analogy? I think it unlikely that the retailer in question is selling below its cost of acquisition unless it is determined to go out of business.

pentaxuser

4. So does KEH. 20% used camera bodies*, 30% used lenses*, 50% accessories*. Free shipping with purchase over $50US in the US and over $150US international www.keh.com

* There is an asterisks [*] so you know they will get you some how. But probably nothing that money cannot cure. :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2015
  5. Ricardo Miranda

Ricardo Miranda Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    You really need to check some prices and over a wider range.
    It has some very good prices for bulk roll film.
    Just check the prices for 30.5m for FP4+ or HP5+: £56.05 at Harman Express and £61.81 at AG Photographic. Consider that any order over £50 has free deliver and you see some good savings can be had at Harman Express.
    And that is without the 20% discount.
    Also consider that stock is the freshest from factory.

This discount was advertised via a newsletter to existent customers.

6. OP
    OP
    John Bragg

John Bragg Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    I was notified by email.

7. I found out about the KEH discount by email, too.

8. ColColt

ColColt Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I try to take advantage of sales like this and use the code they send to get the better deal. I've bought lens and recently a Minolta meter from KEH via the emails they send out...ditto for B&H Photo.