Threads
Members
Latest member
helimat
Recent bookmarks

Darkroom317

Shooter
Large Format
While I have the 180mm and 250mm Mamiya lenses, it has become apparent that I occasionally need something longer. I know teleconverters are not ideal but I cannot afford the 360mm lens. Which of the teleconverters that are available is the best?

chip j

Shooter
35mm
I don't know which is best, but I just bought a Komura muli[ticoated for my RB, which was very inexpensive.

aoresteen

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
The best ones are 7 element. Try KEH as they have them sometimes.

Trail Images

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
KEH presently has a Komura and a Vivitar for the RB at the same price of $39 USD. Komura rated EX. and the Vivitar at BGN. I can't say which to be considered the better of the two optically even in new condition.

aoresteen

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Which brand is that?

As I understood it, most of the 7 element conters were made by one factory and re-labled to various brands like Kenko, Komura & Vivitar. I have a Kenko 2x for my Mamiya M645 and it's pretty good as converters go. I'd get the Vivitar and try it. KEH has a good return policy so if you don't like it you can send it back.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford Photo ADOX Freestyle Photographic Photo Warehouse Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom