Beseller 23c iii XL question

Discussion in 'Enlarging' started by Arkom Boonchoo, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Arkom Boonchoo

Arkom Boonchoo Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    hi everyone, I'm very new about darkroom printing. I just bought Beseller 23c iii XL from ebay last week.

I have some issues
    1. switching filtration to white light, I can not turned it all the way down to filtration's sign it struck at the half. which is common?
    2. When I turned to white light mode, the light became to color!! So I can change any color. But when I turned it back to filtration (the pice can not go all the way point to the filtration sign) the result is white light come out which is like filter retraction .
    Are the machine common?
    Thank you all for replying.

Attached Files:

2. darkroommike

darkroommike Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The dichroic color heads use a single filter of each color which is mechanically imposed on the white light, the lever moves all the filters out of the way and then back to the previous settings when you are ready to print.b It sounds like something is binding, perhaps the head was dropped or damaged before you acquired it or the lubricants have dried out. Fixing one is a DIY project, I did it just once, and swore I would never take another color head apart! With the lamp off and the head unplugged you can take off the covers and watch how things move after removing a couple of covers. Good luck. You might also contact Beseler, or visit their website for an exploded diagram of the head.

3. mgb74

mgb74 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have manual for the enlarger and the parts "exploded view" for this colorhead. Send me your email in a "conversation" if you like a copy.

4. rpavich

rpavich Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    I have a Beseler Dual Dichro S head that the white light arm acts up on so I just taped it into position and turn the filters to 0 when I want white light.

5. ic-racer

ic-racer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Wouldn't having the lever up ("Pushing the lever back will restore filtration" per the instructions) be the color mode, and the lever straight out toward you ("Pulling the lever toward you will remove the filters from the path") be the white light mode? Or does yours work differently than this?

6. sepiareverb

sepiareverb Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Having a child with tiny fingers around will be helpful, there is little to no space inside that head to manipulate anything.

7. chesterj

chesterj Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Arkom,

I have a 23C III with a variable contrast head. From viewing your attached picture I can see that the white light filtration label is upside down. Despite the position of the label the indicator knob should point to 9 o'clock for white light and between 10 and 11 o'clock for filtration. Hope this helps.

Cjat

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.