Bernard Plossu recommendations

Discussion in 'Photographers' started by Ste_S, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Ste_S

Ste_S Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Recently fallen in love with Bernard Plossu's work via two books - Europa and The Still Hour. Aware that he has a rather extensive back catalogue of monographs, any recommendations ?

Have my eye on Vamanos for when I can get it at a good price, and also So Long - but that's quite expensive on the used market at the moment.

Also appears to be a lot of video content for him on youtube in French but unfortunately mon francais est tres tres mal...

2. Dali

Dali Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    "New Mexico" is not bad even if could have been better printed. If desert is your thing, you should like "Garden of Dust".

For color pictures (and Fresson process in particular), "Couleurs Plossu" is the book to get.

3. JimCee

JimCee Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    "New Mexico Revisited" by Bernard Plossu is a great book. I highly recommend it. All of the photographs in that book were taken with a Nikon SLR and a single 50mm lens, the results were superb!.

4. Eric Rose

Eric Rose Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks for letting me know about this engaging photographer. I love his work!

5. OP
    OP
    Ste_S

Ste_S Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    For most (all ?) of his B&W work I think he uses a Nikkormat, 50mm and Tri-X.

Thanks @JimCee and @Dali for the book recommendations, will check them out

6. Dali

Dali Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yes, his dedication to Nikkormat and Nikkor 50mm is well-known but he also used toy cameras.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.