Baby Imagon

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by archphoto, Feb 23, 2009.

1. archphoto

archphoto Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Here is the idea: a Baby Imagon variable soft-focus lens for your 35mm SLR.

Components:

- Lensbaby Composer
    - Flat focussing 2 lens optic (they have a curved field optic only right now)
    - aperture plates that have to be drilled to the Imagon design

Any-one interested ???

I bought the set, was not happy with the optic, wrote them about it and they would look into it when there are more people that want a flat focussing optic.

Your comments, please

Peter

2. Vanishing Point Ent.

Vanishing Point Ent. Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Lensbaby-Imagon.

I approached them about this very subject 2 years ago, before the Composer came out. I told them that since they're market was limited, they would have to keep re-inventing the Lensbaby, in order to keep market share, just like Digital, especially, APS-C.

I also told them, that they should open up the rear of the lens, so that high quality tele-converters,
    could be used to improve the image quality. A trick I learned with an earlier S.F. lens.

3. JohnArs

JohnArs Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    "Here is the idea: a Baby Imagon variable soft-focus lens for your 35mm SLR."

I have the original 120mm Imagon for 35 mm does this also count?

Cheers Armin

4. OP
    OP
    archphoto

archphoto Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    John: YES

I have the 150SF for the RB 67, the 200 Imagon for the Rollei SL66 and the 250mm Imagon for the Sinar P2 4x5 inch.

Basicly all Lensbaby has to do is come out with the right optics, a 2 lens as with the original Imagon optic, that can be made for the same price as their 2 lens optic they have now.

With the propper templates you can dril the holes in the blank aperture plates your self.

The more people we can get interested in this type of lens the better.
    Look at the prices of the Imagons and the 150SF today.

John: to complement my set: could you make a see-through-scan of your aperture plates and send it to me ?

Peter

5. Vanishing Point Ent.

Vanishing Point Ent. Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I own the Mamiya RB 150 mm SF lens. I didn't want the RZ 180 mm SF lens. The discs holes here are fixed & behind the front elements, which unscrews.

On the Rodenstock Imagon, the holes are adjustable, between open & closed & sits in
    front of the lens elements.

What I'm saying is that for the Lensbaby, the Mamiya design makes more sense & is cheaper to make than the Imagon. Because the disc would be hard to adjust inside the lens, where the aperture is.

6. JohnArs

JohnArs Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi Peter

Yes I can do this for you, but not so soon, but as soon as I find the time.

Cheers Armin John Seeholzer