Members
Latest member
adam m
Recent bookmarks

PGraham3

Shooter
35mm
Howdy, APUG.
I started shooting an old Ricoh Singlex TLS a little while ago and I happened to find a super clean AUTO RIKENON P 28mm f/2.8 m42 lens and intend to shoot with it soon.
To not confuse any of you, this is not one of infamous k-mount Ricoh pin lenses that pop up when you search this lens.
When I screw on the lens, I notice that the red dot marker just infront of the aperture ring (photos below) does not quite reach the center. Should this be a problem or is it normal?

Also, I’ve been trying to find out more about this lens, but info is quite scarce. Anyone have any extra info such as when it was made, etc?

Thanks so much!
-Paul

09828BF5-5973-492C-BFB7-D8D3028F3D5A.jpeg

3F11D9E2-8F06-4A99-9E2A-4BF92B194DFD.jpeg

shutterfinger

Shooter
4x5 Format
It should not be a problem. The off center indicator when fully tightened is due to the threads not starting at the same point on the current body vs designed for body or a slightly different stop point (number of threads) in the current body.
The only thing to be concerned with is will the rear of the lens clear the mirror during shutter release at any focused distance.

AgX

Shooter
Multi Format
In general with M42 lenses, if the flanges touch each other, and the automatic aperture works there most likely is just a maladjustment at the thread start at camera or lens without effect.
In case of further doubt, check infinity focus.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom