APUG Chapters

Black Maple

A
Black Maple

  • 2
  • 1
  • 141
spillway

A
spillway

  • Tel
  • May 26, 2022
  • 0
  • 0
  • 95
Passing place

A
Passing place

  • 2
  • 3
  • 115
Red Brick School-1

A
Red Brick School-1

  • 1
  • 0
  • 104
Cocktails

A
Cocktails

  • 0
  • 3
  • 125

Recent Classifieds

Forum statistics

Threads
177,254
Messages
2,431,158
Members
94,155
Latest member
brianatkinsphoto
Recent bookmarks
0

glbeas

Subscriber
Joined
Sep 25, 2002
Messages
3,838
Location
Marietta, Ga. USA
Shooter
Multi Format
I've seen various Apuggers in thier regions plan get togethers, do them, had a few meets here, and I'm thinking.
This has a framework very similar to the caving organization I was a member of for so many years, the National Speleological Society. They served as a focal point and resource center for cavers worldwide, while on a local level cavers organized themselves into "Grottoes" in which they set thier own meeting times, activities, rules, dues or lack thereof, and gathering places. Membership in the NSS was a prerequesite for voting membership and thier common bond, but other than that they ran thier own ship.
I can envision APUG eventually having official local chapters with regular meets, leadership, activities, etc., and all owing allegience to APUG for bringing it all together. And APUG Conferences being hosted by local chapters every so many years, an example being NSS Conventions every four years being hosted in a different place every time.
Keep this in mind as APUG grows, eventually it may be big enough for this to happen. Wouldn't it be fun?
 

photomc

Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2003
Messages
3,575
Location
Texas
Shooter
Multi Format
Gary, I think it is a great idea! May not happen in the day or so, but some day maybe there Will be a CA, NY, TX Chapter or even as varied as Denver, SF, etc. Would be a great way to mentor as well as get some of the college programs envolved in analog photography.
 

modafoto

Subscriber
Joined
Oct 17, 2003
Messages
2,101
Location
Århus, Denma
Shooter
Medium Format
glbeas said:
I've seen various Apuggers in thier regions plan get togethers, do them, had a few meets here, and I'm thinking.
This has a framework very similar to the caving organization I was a member of for so many years, the National Speleological Society. They served as a focal point and resource center for cavers worldwide, while on a local level cavers organized themselves into "Grottoes" in which they set thier own meeting times, activities, rules, dues or lack thereof, and gathering places. Membership in the NSS was a prerequesite for voting membership and thier common bond, but other than that they ran thier own ship.
I can envision APUG eventually having official local chapters with regular meets, leadership, activities, etc., and all owing allegience to APUG for bringing it all together. And APUG Conferences being hosted by local chapters every so many years, an example being NSS Conventions every four years being hosted in a different place every time.
Keep this in mind as APUG grows, eventually it may be big enough for this to happen. Wouldn't it be fun?

Chapters sounds a bit like Hell's Angels or so :smile:

Then we must have leather photo vests with APUG on the back :smile:

I wonder what will happen when APUG gets into war-like conditions with The Digitals!

Morten
 

Dave Miller

Member
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
3,883
Location
Middle Engla
Shooter
Medium Format
modafoto said:
Chapters sounds a bit like Hell's Angels or so :smile:

Then we must have leather photo vests with APUG on the back :smile:

I wonder what will happen when APUG gets into war-like conditions with The Digitals!

Morten
Oooo, I like the sound of the leather vests!
 

BWGirl

Member
Joined
May 15, 2004
Messages
3,049
Location
Wisconsin, U
Shooter
Multi Format
Hmmmm....maybe chapters isn't quite the word....how about Frames?? So, there's the UK Frame, the New Zealand Frame, etc.....

Jeanette
 

anyte

Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2004
Messages
701
Location
Minnesota
Shooter
35mm
BWGirl said:
Hmmmm....maybe chapters isn't quite the word....how about Frames?? So, there's the UK Frame, the New Zealand Frame, etc.....

Jeanette

I prefer "Bodies" - as in camera bodies or a body/group of people. :smile:
 

bobfowler

Subscriber
Joined
Sep 18, 2003
Messages
1,441
Location
New Jersey,
Shooter
Multi Format
ATTN: Sean

Along the lines of the subject of local chapters (bodies, or whatever), what IS the breakdown of APUG (# of members, geography, etc)?
 

Sean

Admin
Admin
Joined
Aug 29, 2002
Messages
11,288
Location
New Zealand
Shooter
Multi Format
This is a very cool concept. I think I might create a APUG Chapters Forum. Each chapter can then be a subforum within the main chapter's forum. Everyone can keep in touch via their chapter's subforum. How's that sound?
 

bobfowler

Subscriber
Joined
Sep 18, 2003
Messages
1,441
Location
New Jersey,
Shooter
Multi Format
Sean said:
This is a very cool concept. I think I might create a APUG Chapters Forum. Each chapter can then be a subforum within the main chapter's forum. Everyone can keep in touch via their chapter's subforum. How's that sound?

IMO - having outings and other get-togethers is a great idea. The more we do for traditional photography, the better!
 

Flotsam

Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2002
Messages
3,221
Location
S.E. New Yor
YEAH!!! NORTHEAST U.S. CHAPTER RULES!!!

(Just exhibiting a little local chapter pride :D )
 

TPPhotog

Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2004
Messages
3,041
Shooter
Multi Format
modafoto said:
Chapters sounds a bit like Hell's Angels or so :smile:

Then we must have leather photo vests with APUG on the back :smile:

I wonder what will happen when APUG gets into war-like conditions with The Digitals!

Morten
I vote for the leather and how about the APUG flash being in Rodinal colours :wink:
 

John McCallum

Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2004
Messages
2,407
Location
New Zealand
Shooter
Multi Format
Sean said:
This is a very cool concept. I think I might create a APUG Chapters Forum. Each chapter can then be a subforum within the main chapter's forum. Everyone can keep in touch via their chapter's subforum. How's that sound?
We can then trade ideas and characteristics of the local area. If we could post back info to APUG about the get-togethers, then anyone travelling there can get a little info from Real Photographers perspectives.

Hmmmmm but "Chapters" ......how 'bout "Focus Groups" :tongue:
 
Last edited by a moderator:

rogueish

Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2004
Messages
876
Location
3rd Rock
Shooter
Multi Format
John McCallum said:
Hmmmmm but "Chapters" ......how 'bout "Focus Groups" :tongue:
<shudder> bad flash backs to work!
how about "clicks"?

"bodies" "leather" I'm starting to wonder about this site...
(would make for "interesting" photos)
 

sparx

Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2004
Messages
376
Location
Norfolk UK
Shooter
Medium Format
How about collective? We can then start assimilating all non-analogue photographers, absorb the best bits and throw away the waste. If we organise properly there is nothing to stop us taking over the world. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!!!
 

modafoto

Subscriber
Joined
Oct 17, 2003
Messages
2,101
Location
Århus, Denma
Shooter
Medium Format
TPPhotog said:
I vote for the leather and how about the APUG flash being in Rodinal colours :wink:

WAAAAAAAAUUUUUUWWWWWW.....You said Rodinal again!!!!!! AYE AYE

Morten!
 

Ed Sukach

Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2002
Messages
4,517
Location
Ipswich, Mas
Shooter
Medium Format
I can see it now ... Black Leather Studded Jackets with emblems on the back ...

A Bottle of Rodinal with wings ....
 

FrankB

Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2003
Messages
2,143
Location
Northwest UK
Shooter
Medium Format
Live to Print, Print to Live!
 

lee

Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2002
Messages
2,912
Location
Fort Worth T
Shooter
8x10 Format
Actually, if this were an association, we could buy life and health insurance as a group for a pretty good discount. But then to carry this to the silly end, we could charge a small membership fee and in several years we could buy property in Mexico and build an "old photographers home" with a big wheel chair access darkroom. What do you all think?

lee\c
 

Ole

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Sep 9, 2002
Messages
9,250
Location
Bergen, Norway
Shooter
Large Format
Ed Sukach said:
I can see it now ... Black Leather Studded Jackets with emblems on the back ...

A Bottle of Rodinal with wings ....

Can I have a "subtitle"? I want We fix on my leather jacket :wink:
 

mark

Subscriber
Joined
Nov 13, 2003
Messages
5,686
And we could talk about which is better our old school soft tail 5x7 choppers or the pimped out Canham hogs. The snobs could talk about their Sinar and Beemer touring cameras. The old guys could cruise up with their Deardorf gold wings.

Could we call our wives mamas too? Or would that be a little over the top? :smile::smile:
 
Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Ilford Photo ADOX Freestyle Photographic Photo Warehouse Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom