Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
photomancottrell
Recent bookmarks
Shooter
Multi Format
Here we go, folks. Here is our lineup for this exchange.

Christopher Walrath
Katie
AndreasT
TheToadMen
anikin
StoneNYC
andreios
ataim
(S) piu58
Mark_S
paul_c5x4
mjs
megzdad81
dasBlute
JimO
Roger Cole
(R) Dali
Ken Nadvornick
Kc2edh
BirgerA

I am preparing PMs for each of you. You will receive both your personal information that you provided to me for verification purposes. You will also receive the information provided by the person who has been selected to receive your print(s).

DO NOT SEND your prints until Monday, 6JAN14 at the earliest to allow time for corrections of addresses to be sent to me and thusly to you as well. We have until 31MAR14 to print and send. Plenty of time but I encourage you to get it done promptly. Please post here regarding your print being sent and also remarks about any prints received by you. Praise is always a good thing. April is a break period and also signup for Round 20 which will begin 1May.

So, with that, await your PMs and commence to talking. And off we go...

Last edited by a moderator:

StoneNYC

Shooter
8x10 Format
Yay!!

PS (someone foolishly closed the signup thread without posting a link here I BELIVE)...

TheToadMen

Shooter
Pinhole
I received my PM. Now off to thinking about what I am gonna shoot and print.
And what camera too use ... I can rule out the Nikon D200 - that's the easy part ...
Maybe the new old Mamiya 645 PRO that was given to me recently (haven't used it yet)
or take my old Leica III with uncoated 50 mm Summicron out again? I got myself some Fomapan film
to try out. I also got me Fomapan sheet film 18x24 cm for my old Russian FKD plate film camera but
I need to test for light leaks or internal reflections first. I had some weird patterns in my image last
time, that looks like the grit on the dark slide (very strange). Or load my Pentax 67 with 135 film for some
nice panorama shots (I've got a special insert for that). Or pinhole again, or ....

In short: This BPX19 assignment is a good reason to go out shooting again and use some nice tools.
And for me, thinking about what and how to shoot is also fun to do.

StoneNYC

Shooter
8x10 Format
Most likely my 4x5, been thinking about a special leans I've been meaning to try out hacking off another camera.. Hmmmm

OP
OP
Christopher Walrath
Shooter
Multi Format
I just got my Calumet this week. I'll have some filters by week's end. I'll get some leatherette to repair my holders that need mending and then I will get me a negative for the printing.

Dali

Shooter
Multi Format
I received 2 nice prints from Piu58.

Uwe, I will soon PM you my comments about them.

Take care.

OP
OP
Christopher Walrath
Shooter
Multi Format
Thanks, Dali. A reminder, folks. I need to know that you sent your print(s). If I miss the fact then you might get an unnecessary nastygram later.

OP
OP
Christopher Walrath
Shooter
Multi Format
Been quiet, folks. How is it going? It's OK. I haven't broke out the darkroom gear in a couple weeks either. We still have a couple months to go. Just don't wait too long. (he says, shaking his finger at the mirror...)

StoneNYC

Shooter
8x10 Format
Ok the print mailing is on hold for me, it came out so fantastically well that I'm ordering another print from the printer, I want to hold onto this one to make sure the second printing is to spec with this one! (Those light jet printers can have some issues at times.) But this one came out exactly as I wanted, it's really gorgeous! Hope the recipient thinks so.

piu58

Shooter
Medium Format
Good morning,

yesterday I recieved the wonderful print from AndreasT. At the Invalidenfiredhof (an old cemetery in Berlin) he caught e interesting situation whe the rain starts dripping an a man with umbrella came into view. It reminds me at the decisive moments of Cartier-Bresson.

Mark_S

Shooter
4x5 Format
I have received two gorgeous prints from dasBlute. Beautifully toned landscapes. My print is mounted and ready to go - to be shipped this weekend.

Mark_S

Shooter
4x5 Format
.... It reminds me at the decisive moments of Cartier-Bresson.

Last year I was at the IBC trade show, and spent most of the show across from another booth who had as their back wall a series of large B&W prints (perhaps 3m x 4m in size) which were on a translucent material, and backlit, with text overlaying each one. The one directly in front of me had the text 'capture the decisive moment' - which I found amusing, since the company was selling tripods. I wonder if Cartier-Bresson even owned a tripod.....

StoneNYC

Shooter
8x10 Format
Mounting is certainly optional for this and isn't expected in any way.

I will hopefully have my print sent by valentines day.

AndreasT

Shooter
Multi Format
I got my print today from Andreios. Thank you very much. I like it a lot. I am moving soon, but in my new flat I will frame it and hang it on the wall.

TheToadMen

Shooter
Pinhole
I had some setbacks so I haven't done my part yet. My sincere apologies.
I hope to finish up next week and send the print.
Bert from Holland

Shooter
Multi Format
Mine is printed and toned. But I prefer to send my submissions mounted, matted, backed, and ready to frame, if the recipient so desires. Unfortunately I am out of mount board at the moment, so I must first place an order...

Ken

Last edited by a moderator:

Roger Cole

Shooter
Multi Format
Well I'm a bit embarrassed. I noticed some staining on the toned prints I did at the same time as my print for the exchange. The exchange print isn't stained but others from the same session are. Checking everything I found my big jug of rapid fix concentrate was crystallizing pretty badly and I apparently hadn't noticed that in the bottom of the jug (Legacy Pro concentrate to make 5 gallons so it's a 5 quart jug.) So I suspect a fixing problem resulting in staining when toning that I didn't notice as I just squeegeed them onto the drying racks. It got colder than usual down in the darkroom this winter too, even though I turned the heater on when we got the really cold (for Atlanta) nights, so that probably contributed to the fixer spoilage.

The good news is I caught it before I sent them out and I still have plenty of time. I'll be busy for the next week or so but will have fresh fixer on the way and be sure what I send out is archivally processed.

I'm not sure about just re-fixing these and washing, since they've already been toned. Safest just to make new prints.

mjs

Shooter
Multi Format
Mine was mailed today. Going to Europe so it will take a while.

Mike

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford Photo ADOX Freestyle Photographic Photo Warehouse Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom