Anyone have a redundant Mamiya Universal Polaroid back?

Discussion in 'Instant Cameras, Backs and Film' started by fotofundi, Mar 6, 2017.

1. fotofundi

fotofundi Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    Now that Fuji have dropped all their type 100 instant film line and there is no other source of peel-apart instant film, has anyone in the UK or EU got a Mamiya Universal Polaroid back they never expect to use again? I still have 3 packs of Polaroid B&W in the 'fridge and I'd like to use it on my Universal, but eBay prices are just plain ridiculous. Apart from using up any remaining stocks of Fuji 100 packs, they will soon all be worthless.
    Nevertheless I'm in the market for one even if my packs have all dried out and don't produce a thing - it's worth a try.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  2. Vidar

Vidar Member

Shooter:
    Instant Films
    I just used a pack of fp300B expired in 2013. It was perfect. They last long.

3. MAubrey

MAubrey Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm on my last three packs--two FP-100c's and one FP-3000b.

Sad times.

4. OP
    OP
    fotofundi

fotofundi Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    Sad indeed. I bought the Universal a couple of years after selling my Rollei SL66 and 4x5" kit - and consequently getting film withdrawal symptoms.
    I have been looking for a Polaroid back at a sensible price ever since, waiting for prices to come down - but they haven't - despite the recent demise of any further supplies of material.
    With all this waiting my packs are now way out-of-date (expired 2006!!), but I don't want to throw them away when there is the possibility of once again getting the satisfaction of holding a finished print in my hands seconds after taking the picture.

5. OP
    OP
    fotofundi

fotofundi Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    I received an offer for a NPC RB67 Polaroid back, but for some reason this does not appear in the thread. I'll reply anyway and hope the person who sent the offer reads this.
    Unfortunately a dedicated RB67 Polaroid back does not fit the Universal. HOWEVER, if it is an early 2-part version which consists of a Polaroid back and a Universal/RB67 adapter plate, then there is every likleyhood that the back without the adapter plate will fit, and I will be delighted to take you up on your kind offer.

6. David T T

David T T Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi, that was me...not sure what happened to my post. Alas, it is a dedicated back, not a back with the separate adapter. Good luck with your endeavors just the same.

7. OP
    OP
    fotofundi

fotofundi Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    I have just purchased a suitable back from eBay (more than I wanted to spend - but much less than most of those on offer) and await its arrival. I now hope my remaining packs will still be usable and I haven't wasted my money.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.