Anybody using Microsoft Surface Pro 2 for photography editing?

Monticello Avenue-3

A
Monticello Avenue-3

surprise!

A
surprise!

• Tel
  • Feb 7, 2023
Anatomy

A
Anatomy

Morning

D
Morning

BD2023-1.jpg

D
BD2023-1.jpg

Recent Classifieds

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stngoldberg
Recent bookmarks

haring

Shooter
35mm
Anybody using Microsoft Surface Pro 2 for photography editing? I am wondering whether the pen makes a big difference for photography editing?

Any first hand experience? Does if work with Lightroom and Photoshop? Do the brushes work, etc????

Thanks!

• Kshaub103
  • Kshaub103
  • Deleted
  • Reason: moved thread, thanks

jim10219

Shooter
4x5 Format
It’s not accurate enough for me. They’re okay for some things, but if you need accuracy, you should look elsewhere. I’ve seen commercials where people used them for digital artwork, but I think that’s more for just playing around that serious work.

I use a mouse. It’s accurate and I’m used to it. I did use a Wacom tablet for a while, but didn’t like the disconnected feel of it all. Plus, I didn’t find the pressure sensitive tips all that useful for most things. They do work well for painting in Photoshop though. But for photo editing, I just didn’t see a need. A lot of people swear by them and say they’re great once you get used to them. Plus, they’re not crazy expensive. Wacom also makes some computer screens that work with their pens. Supposedly their pretty accurate. But they’re not cheap, which is why I have yet to use one.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom