Threads
Members
Latest member
Martin C
Recent bookmarks

CARMENCHU

Shooter
35mm
Do anybody knows any paper similar to Ilford Multigrade fiber based glossy on rolls? Ilford is not producing it any more and I am not able to find out any single unti available any part in the world
Thank you from Spain

Tom Stanworth

Shooter
Multi Format
All I can think of are two papers I prefer over the ilford. Agfa MCC, which is less warm and Forte Polywarmtone which is warmer (though the base is whiter than the ilford. Both great.

Tom

Shooter
4x5 Format
I think that Agfa MCC is one of the nicest papers out there... But can you get the fiber in rolls???

joe :smile:

titrisol

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Probably the FORTE would be your best bet. I guess they or FOMA can provide you rolls as you need. Forte Polywarmtone is a very nice paper.

Changing subject.... Is NEGRA out of business?

Doug Bennett

I had always used VC fiber papers, Ilford, Agfa, and Forte Polywarmtone among them. I recently gave Forte Fortezo a try, in grade 3 glossy. It's wonderful stuff, and I doubt I'll go back to VC papers. Apparently, you can vary the grade a bit by diluting your developer, playing with developing times, etc. So far, I haven't had to. If your negatives are properly exposed and developed, you may find that you can use grade 3 and never look back.

With VC paper, I found that I had to nail the exposure and print controls dead on to get a usable print. With Fortezo, I may try 3 different times (I've given up on test strips, I hate 'em) and get a light, medium, and dark print, but all perfectly viewable prints. In fact, as far as print sales go, I've found that customers like a choice of a couple of different expressions of the prints. YMMV.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom