Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jowens
Recent bookmarks

Mark Wangerin

Hello,
I have been a lurker here for quite awhile and decided it was probably time to become legal.

I live in Southern California and I am a full time portrait/commercial photographer who does a great deal of work on 8x10, 5x7 as well as 4x5. I have a small collection of vintage lenses that I prefer to use in the creation of my portraits. My films of choice are Kodak TriX, PlusX, Portra 100T and the usual Portra NC series of Kodak portrait films.

I do a good deal of my work in the studio with vintage fresnel lights and I prefer a strong chiaroscuro treatment for a good portion of my work. I am also a traditional retouch artist for both negative as well as print but do a great deal of shooting on film then retouch in Photoshop more and more.

It's nice to be here and I am hoping to learn a great deal more and become a better photorapher by studying and by mere inspiration through many of the excellent Artists' work I see displayed here.

Mark

Shooter
Large Format
I"ve always enjoyed Glamour light, You've done a great job with it. I'm a southern Ca. person also. Good luck and enjoy the sight.

David A. Goldfarb

Shooter
Large Format
Hey, Mark. Good to see you over here. What happened to the portrait forum on your website?

OP
OP

Mark Wangerin

Thank you Thomas,

David,
Thanks. At some point the forum will return in some incarnation, but right now I don't have the time to nurse the site. Forums are labor intensive.

I'm still learning my way around here so at some point I want to post some new work.

OP
OP

Mark Wangerin

Thomas, David and Michael,
Thank you for welcoming me.
Forgive me though, I'm in the wrong place.
Best Regards,
Mark

BWGirl

Shooter
Multi Format
Oh come on!! Don't run off!! It's ok if you aren't from the UK! People will welcome you anyway! :D
Jeanette

papagene

Membership Council
Council
Shooter
Multi Format
Mark,
I always get that feeling of being in the wrong place. But not here, this is a good place to be. So welcome to the site and enjoy.
gene

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom