Analog motion picture film in short film festival Oberhausen

Discussion in 'Book, Magazine, Gallery Reviews, Shows & Contests' started by Heinz, May 5, 2018.

1. Heinz

Heinz Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  2. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thank you for that hint.
    Yes, I know of such private iniatives. But I see them as quite secluded. Also I do not see any interest let alone revival at academies. The dean of the Cologne University for Media, a school for movie makers, two years ago during their show of their productions declared film as a medium of the long past. At such places a guy like me is looked upon as weirdo or zombie...

3. Andrew O'Neill

Andrew O'Neill Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Too bad there's no google audio translate.

4. OP
    OP
    Heinz

Heinz Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    @Andrew O'Neill - There is a translation to French. You can access it in the menue of the video - or you can switch it to "FR" for the whole webpage in the top menue. I do not know if this helps?
    Heinz

5. Nodda Duma

Nodda Duma Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The revival of film is an underground movement, yes.

6. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The important thing here is the establishing of this special section at the festival, showing to a (somewhat) broader public that there still is interest in film.
    Concening these moviemakers themselves from my own experience over the last ten years, I rather see there an anti industry attitude.

We got here other fellows from the cinematic field, both from the industry as moviemaking side, I would like the learn their view on this movemenr, as it is called in this report.