Analog motion picture film in short film festival Oberhausen

Discussion in 'Book, Magazine, Gallery Reviews, Shows & Contests' started by Heinz, May 5, 2018.

1. Heinz

Heinz Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  2. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thank you for that hint.
    Yes, I know of such private iniatives. But I see them as quite secluded. Also I do not see any interest let alone revival at academies. The dean of the Cologne University for Media, a school for movie makers, two years ago during their show of their productions declared film as a medium of the long past. At such places a guy like me is looked upon as weirdo or zombie...

3. Andrew O'Neill

Andrew O'Neill Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Too bad there's no google audio translate.

4. OP
    OP
    Heinz

Heinz Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    @Andrew O'Neill - There is a translation to French. You can access it in the menue of the video - or you can switch it to "FR" for the whole webpage in the top menue. I do not know if this helps?
    Heinz

5. Nodda Duma

Nodda Duma Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The revival of film is an underground movement, yes.

6. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The important thing here is the establishing of this special section at the festival, showing to a (somewhat) broader public that there still is interest in film.
    Concening these moviemakers themselves from my own experience over the last ten years, I rather see there an anti industry attitude.

We got here other fellows from the cinematic field, both from the industry as moviemaking side, I would like the learn their view on this movemenr, as it is called in this report.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.