Aluminium frames, passepartouts and labeling

Discussion in 'Presentation & Marketing' started by cmo, Nov 30, 2009.

  1. cmo

    cmo Member

    Aug 22, 2006
    35mm RF
    Christmas time, that means I can sell some prints... not just prints but framed.

    How do you label your prints? I thought about writing with a fine pen on the passepartout at the bottom side, directly below the picture. Is that usual? Is it a good idea - I can probably not correct anything that I write on that cardboard?

    The other question is more a tinkerer problem. I purchased some brush-finished aluminium frames a while ago for some big exhibitions and would like to re-use them as I have too many of those... but now I found out that many of them have some stain or, even worse, scratches. It's not blank, glossy aluminium but "brush-finished", e.g. sort of matt de luxe. I tried a "Läufer Clean", a natural rubber eraser, it cleans well, but it does not make scratches invisible. Any idea how to polish such scratches without creating glossy areas?
  2. Jon Shiu

    Jon Shiu Subscriber

    Dec 2, 2003
    Elk, Califor
    Plastic Cameras
    Hello, most people use a pencil to write on the matboard.