Adapter Ring for Konica AR to M42??

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by Simplicius, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Simplicius

Simplicius Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Anyone know where I could get an adapter Ring to mount a Konica AR lens I got onto a M42. I have hunted high and low and drawn a blank. Seen one to put M42 on a Konica AR but not other way around.

2. dynachrome

dynachrome Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Konica AR to M42

There are adapters for using M42 lenses on Konica AR mount cameras and these can provide correct infinity focus. I don't think you can easily adapt a Konica AR mount lens to an M42 mount camera and still have correct infinity focus. This kind of adapting would only be useful for close-up work. If you can find a Konica reverse T adapter it will have a rear male T mount and a front female Konica AR mount. The rear section of the adapter will fit into a plain M42 T mount adapter. You will need to set the aperture on the Konica lens manually.

If it was your intention to use the Konica AR mount lens for close-up work it might be easier to simply reverse the Konica lens and attach it to your M42 mount lens with a male to male adapter.

3. Anscojohn

Anscojohn Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    As Dynachrome said, it will be a real Heath Robinson set up if you are able to do it; and useable for closeup work, only. If there is a Konica to Leica screw thread adapter, you could lash up one of them to a Leica to M42 adapter. Why bother, though?

4. Wolfeye

Wolfeye Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Konica lenses have no adapters to let them be used anywhere other than Konica AR bodies. I have seen Konica AR lenses butchered and made into 4/3 lenses, but that ruins them for film work.

Fortunately, Konica made great bodies up to and including the FT-1 motor. The Autoreflex T3 is my favorite camera for B&W 35mm work.