Adapter Ring for Konica AR to M42??

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by Simplicius, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Simplicius

Simplicius Subscriber

Shooter:
    Analog
    Anyone know where I could get an adapter Ring to mount a Konica AR lens I got onto a M42. I have hunted high and low and drawn a blank. Seen one to put M42 on a Konica AR but not other way around.

2. dynachrome

dynachrome Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Konica AR to M42

There are adapters for using M42 lenses on Konica AR mount cameras and these can provide correct infinity focus. I don't think you can easily adapt a Konica AR mount lens to an M42 mount camera and still have correct infinity focus. This kind of adapting would only be useful for close-up work. If you can find a Konica reverse T adapter it will have a rear male T mount and a front female Konica AR mount. The rear section of the adapter will fit into a plain M42 T mount adapter. You will need to set the aperture on the Konica lens manually.

If it was your intention to use the Konica AR mount lens for close-up work it might be easier to simply reverse the Konica lens and attach it to your M42 mount lens with a male to male adapter.

3. Anscojohn

Anscojohn Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    As Dynachrome said, it will be a real Heath Robinson set up if you are able to do it; and useable for closeup work, only. If there is a Konica to Leica screw thread adapter, you could lash up one of them to a Leica to M42 adapter. Why bother, though?

4. Wolfeye

Wolfeye Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Konica lenses have no adapters to let them be used anywhere other than Konica AR bodies. I have seen Konica AR lenses butchered and made into 4/3 lenses, but that ruins them for film work.

Fortunately, Konica made great bodies up to and including the FT-1 motor. The Autoreflex T3 is my favorite camera for B&W 35mm work.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.