Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geoff mountfield
Recent bookmarks
Shooter
Multi Format
My wife and I visited Yosemite before Christmas and a must see place every time we go is the Ansel Adams gallery. We feel really lucky to be able to go because of the US Federal Government shutdown. Yosemite wasn't fully operational, but it was a great trip in hiking, photographing and seeing Mr. Loranc's beautiful work. Ted Orland's work is also on display.

Tropper

Shooter
35mm RF
Sounds a great experience for you. Care to share some pics?

Arklatexian

Shooter
Multi Format
My wife and I visited Yosemite before Christmas and a must see place every time we go is the Ansel Adams gallery. We feel really lucky to be able to go because of the US Federal Government shutdown. Yosemite wasn't fully operational, but it was a great trip in hiking, photographing and seeing Mr. Loranc's beautiful work. Ted Orland's work is also on display.
As you found, there are private businesses in the park, of which the Ansel Adams Gallery is one. Some Rangers, however, were probably working, without pay, at the entrances. I think the gallery is part of a business, owned by Adams' wife's family for many, many years.. I don't know if the hotels are still privately owned in that park.........Regards!

OP
OP
Mainecoonmaniac
Shooter
Multi Format
As you found, there are private businesses in the park, of which the Ansel Adams Gallery is one. Some Rangers, however, were probably working, without pay, at the entrances. I think the gallery is part of a business, owned by Adams' wife's family for many, many years.. I don't know if the hotels are still privately owned in that park.........Regards!

There wasn't anybody at the entrance to collect the entrance fee. I might be wrong about this but..the Park Service still owns most the concessions. But Aramark runs the hotel and restaurants in the park. On a side note, my wife and I have noticed Yosemite's accommodations have immensely improved since Delaware North Corp lost the contract and Aramark won the bid to run the concessions. Also, DNC also copyrighted the names that rightfully belongs to the National Park Service. Read more here. https://www.nationalparkstraveler.o...ational-park-iconic-names-will-drag-deep-2019

Aramark during the government shutdown, paid park employees to drive the shuttle buses, plow the snow and other services to keep the park open. Without corporate support, the park would have been closed. It seems to me that Aramark is a good corporate citizen while DNC is just a friggin thief that's only interested in maximizing shareholder value. I will boycott all DNC entities because of that.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom