A positive product report

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by Sirius Glass, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    I have watched the ShamWow advertisements on television many times and with great doubt. ShamWow is 100% Rayon and is made in Germany. This product claims to be a super absorbing replacement for a shammy, towel or paper towel. I had an opportunity to see a demonstration at a local mall. I decided to buy two sets [four small and four large] for $30 and not shipping.

I tried ShamWow for a week in the darkroom and I was suprised to find that it works better than they advertised.

Showcare Productions
    31915 Rancho California Road
    Suite # 200-435
    Temcecula, CA 92592

www.samself.net

2. Chazzy

Chazzy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    What are you using it for? Is it washable?

3. bspeed

bspeed Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Rayon!! Would have never guessed.

Allow me to offer another "product report" --- but one that cant be used most of the time!!!

to clean Eyeglasses, filters or any glass that can be doused in water and wiped witha soft tissue....

Use foaming type shaving cream. As marketed to the fairer sex. Also inlcudes the foaming hand cleaner that is in some building restrooms.
    Spotlessly clean, no trace of anything but pure sweet glass!!

4. ntenny

ntenny Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have to say, with the amount of email spam I get advertising the @#(@%&% thing, it could pay my taxes and perform various personal services that are illegal in seventeen states and the District of Columbia, and I still wouldn't give its marketers the satisfaction of buying it.

-NT

5. BobNewYork

BobNewYork Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    If it works as advertised, and SG says it does then the darkroom is an obvious place for it. I dunno though - Shamwow Vinnie gives me the creeps.:tongue::tongue:

Bob H

6. Christopher Walrath

Christopher Walrath Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I got some to try drying prints. Once I'm up and running I'll let you all know how it goes.

7. OP
    OP
    Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    It is washable. I put it [dry] on the floors and against the wall behind the trays to catch splashes or spills.

To wipe up as spill I have it slightly damp.

Steve

8. Toffle

Toffle Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Marketing annoyances aside, I've been wondering pretty much the same thing lately. Is ShamWow worth the hype?

What I use now is pretty good though... Two summers ago, I picked up a roll of shop towel. I can't even remember the brand name, but it is pale blue and quite heavy. It is incredibly durable... You can mop up nasty messes, scrub darkroom tables, rinse them or throw them in the laundry. Well, as I said, I bought this product nearly two years ago for something like $3... I still have half a roll left. It may not be Shamwow, but it's a constant in my darkroom. Next time I'm in the hardware store, I'll look to see the brand name.

Cheers,

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2009
  9. nickstreme

nickstreme Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I use one in the darkroom too, but i dont want my color chemicals to eat it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.