Threads
Members
Latest member
winkle
Recent bookmarks

whlogan

Shooter
Medium Format
Yesterday I finally got my Mamiya 7. Great joy in the streets. Today I got the battery and shot a roll of film.That worked fine. What i did not notice was that after the 12th frame it kept on going thru 13 all the way to 20 while I had installed yet another roll of film in it without noting that the "S" had not appeared as the instructions said. Now the counter says 20 just to the left of the line that tells the exposure number and refuses to move for any event. Open the back, it should go to "S"; it does not. Install a roll of paper backing and try to trick it into thinking it is film; nothing happens.... it will advance right through to the end with out stopping. Has anyone ever experienced this malady? And if so, how to fix it? Simply, I think, the back somehow is not resetting the counter to "S" when opened. How to fix this? Hate to send it back to K*H.

Logan

Steve Goldstein

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Never had this happen with either of mine. Did you have the pressure plate in the correct position for 120 film? This should have prevented it from going past 10. The reset is controlled (I think) by some tiny mechanical contact point between the back and the body, is anything stuck in there?

benjiboy

Subscriber
Shooter
35mm
If you try and repair it yourself if indeed it is faulty you will invalidate any warranty that K.H give with the camera, I strongly advise you to.phone the company and arrange to send it back to be repaired,or.exchanged.

Shooter
Med. Format RF
Make sure your pressure plate is set for 120. If it is then the counter is stuck and will not reset. It just needs CLA'd. I had this happen to my Bronica RF645, but I could temporary reset it by winding the advance lever with the back open and letting it snap back into place a few times and suddenly the counter would reset. I don't think the Mamiya 7 winder is loose enough to "snap." I know I can't on my mamiya 6's.

If you need to send it for a CLA I recommend Bob at Precision Camera Works in Chicago. Just sent my entire Mamiya 6 kit for a CLA.

StoneNYC

Shooter
8x10 Format
That's a 220 setting and a 120 setting, 20 frames sounds like you have it on 220....

Open the back, look at the pressure plate, it rotates, put a bit of pressure in a spinning motion and it should rotate after it budges (don't be afraid of a small amount of force). And change it to 120 and that should fix it.

Hope that helps.

momus

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
It's OK to say KEH, and yes, they will fix it for free. Great people over there!

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford Photo ADOX Freestyle Photographic Photo Warehouse Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom