Threads
Members
Latest member
JKFTL
Recent bookmarks

Chazzy

Shooter
Multi Format
On Flickr I discovered that there is a new, monthly analogue photography podcast which is aiming for a show of about an hour's length each month. There is also an associated Flickr group. The idea of pairing a podcast and a gallery presents interesting possibilities, so I will be interested to see how they take advantage of the Flickr group. A discussion of representative images would be marvelous, if that can happen.

Here is the URL:

http://www.FilmPhotographyPodcast.com/

Two shows have already been completed.

I wish them much luck. The more people who are promoting analogue photography, the better for us all!

Shooter
Multi Format
Not yet, Charlie, but I subscribed to the feed so I can listen in later. Thanks for sharing it with us.

bill schwab

Advertiser
Advertiser
Shooter
Multi Format
Has anyone had a chance to listen yet?
I have Chaz. Not bad. A lot of chit chat and joking. Some OK, but it gets a little bit old IMO. Kind of like morning, drive time radio. The first episode does a fair amount of LF Forum bashing. "Mean people", "Curmudgeons" and something to the effect of "People with low self esteem that want to take it out on others". No mention of APUG...

All in all it was OK. I'll give them another try if they keep it up... mostly to support anyone supporting film, but so far the signal to noise ratio is a little heavy on the noise for my taste.

Last edited by a moderator:

Solarize

Shooter
Medium Format
If they get interviewing some interesting photographers, or address an interesting topic in some depth, I might listen regularly. As is, the yapping, sound effects and excessive digital bashing (yep, it works both ways) just grate on me... they make it difficult to listen. Fair play though - Any devotion to film is a good thing. I just wish it was toned down.

OP
OP
Chazzy

Chazzy

Shooter
Multi Format
I just listened to the December podcast (the January podcast is available on iTunes, but I haven't had the chance to listen to it yet). There are some enjoyable interviews in the December podcast, and I'm looking forward to hearing the next one. The style of humor doesn't match my own, but I'm getting used to it. It's nice to have some photography podcasts that don't overemphasize wedding photography.

OP
OP
Chazzy

Chazzy

Shooter
Multi Format
I just listened to the January podcast. They did something rather interesting: they discussed photos from Flickr which listeners were encouraged to look at as they were being discussed. It gave me the idea that it would be interesting to hear images from the APUG gallery being discussed in the chatroom, if that could ever be arranged.

As for the style of the show, by now I've adjusted to the kind of humor and the sound effects. It's a little like going out for a beer with some much younger friends and talking about photography.

hoffy

Shooter
Multi Format
I have only recently found the joys of Pod casts and found this one by chance.

To be frank, it is what it is, just a couple of Joe's talking about the photography they like. Its light hearted and they don't take themselves overly seriously. I have just listened to the November show and had quite a few chuckles. May not give me much insight or educational information, but I still found it entertaining and will listen to the rest (& have subscribed). (somehow, I don't think that the members of LF forums are their target audience...)

OP
OP
Chazzy

Chazzy

Shooter
Multi Format
The February podcast is available now, for anyone who hasn't already subscribed. As usual, the guys aren't great experts—they're just a couple of guys who enjoy talking about film photography, and the humor is welcome. This one is very long, however, primarily because they decided to respond to listener emails. They gave away a couple of Canon cameras, which was very nice. They did make a factual mistake in saying that Kodak had discontinued TX 400 in 120 and 220, when of course it was TXP.

I listen to these things because it is like overhearing the conversation of a couple of young photographers who happen to like rock music (I don't). I think it helps to keep me younger mentally. I don't have enough photographer friends to talk to, so listening to these guys makes me feel a little more connected with the outside world.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom