9x12 Film Sheaths for a Voigtlander 9x12 AVUS

Discussion in 'Plate Cameras and Accessories' started by ericr, Jul 14, 2016.

1. ericr

ericr Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hello, I have a Voigtlander 9x12 camera that I was given and I was wondering if anyone has some spare film sheaths they would sell or instructions on how to make my own. Thank you.

Eric

2. GregW

GregW Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Eric, There is a small lot on Ebay. You might also check German Ebay. I have good luck on there with getting what I need in that format, The sheaths come up regularly on both sites. The Avus is a wonderful camera and capable of taking nice photos with the Skopar lens it usually comes with.

You might also look for Kodak Recomar film holders they don't need the sheath if they are the type with the little frame film retainer door thingy.

3. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The film sheaths do appear quite frequently on eaby but watch the prices, those listed at the moment are rather expensive.

You migh also look at the RAda and Rollex 6x9 roll film holders again they can be quite cheap, you need to make sure you get the right edge fit.

Ian

4. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Look at the KW Patent Etui, very small thin cameras compared to most other 9x12 cameras, plenty in Germany - that's where both mine came from. I have a few 9x12 cameras as well, Rodenstock (Welta), Orion Werks, Ihagee (with FP shutter). Think more about the lens, a lot of the cameras are quite similar.

Ian

5. baachitraka

baachitraka Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Sorry for the noise. I just overlooked the word 'sheaths' :-( Yes, they are available in e-bay but as I understand there is no standard for them despite taking the same film size. With that it may not fit for all cameras.

@Ian Grant: Looking for a nice 9x12 for portraits, from head till shoulder. A triotar like lens is what I am looking for.

6. OP
    OP
    ericr

ericr Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Thank you very much for the suggestions and I appreciate it. Sincerely, Eric

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.