Members
Latest member
Martin C
Recent bookmarks

Dave Wooten

Subscriber
Shooter
ULarge Format
The advertised IC of Fugi 600 C is 620mm. Any users of Fugi lenses that can shed some light on whether this is a conservative assessment? I would like to have a little movement with 11 x 17 and not have the edges go soft on me and I can not afford to have Schneider engrave my name on one of their Fine Art series of lens, unless of course, they would want to sponsor current projects so someone could actually do a real life in the trenches down and dirty test of the series!

Thanks in advance for sharing the wealth of knowledge out there in APUG land.

Dave in Vegas

Tom Stanworth

Shooter
Multi Format
I was under the strong impression (dont quote me) that stopped down the 450 12.5 covers 8x20 just. The 600 should therefore have loads of room on 11x17. I'm sure I read somwehere this lens covers 16x20:smile:

Tom

sanking

Shooter
Large Format
Dave Wooten said:
The advertised IC of Fugi 600 C is 620mm. Any users of Fugi lenses that can shed some light on whether this is a conservative assessment? I would like to have a little movement with 11 x 17 and not have the edges go soft on me
Dave in Vegas

Dave,

Yes, the figure of 620mm for the IC of the 600 mm Fujinon-C is a very conservative figure. I use it on 12X20 and the corners stay very sharp even with several inches of movement. In fact, I have used it on 20X24 and the corners are acceptably sharp, though with this format there is definitely some drop off of performance at the edges.

Sandy

OP
OP

Dave Wooten

Subscriber
Shooter
ULarge Format
Thank you gentlemen,

Sandy I was hoping you'd log in on this. Last month I posted for 11 x 17 and have since bought a few nice lenses for that camera as per your recommendation.

I would also like to say that the S&S holders are the best. Anyone moving into U large format, I recommend these holders, they are not only beautiful to look at they will save you a lot of grief and bread.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom