Exposure
Yes
Film & Developer
HP5 + ID11 @ 1+1
Paper & Developer
Ilford Cooltone RC + Ilford Multigrade Dev
Lens Filter
UV
I grant PHOTRIO permission to share this gallery image and previous images on their social media pages.
  1. Yes
Excellent composition. Very nice. From the thumbnail, I had no idea what the shot would actually be about.

Last edited:
awty - Very nice, like that it isnt quite centered, very good use of space.

I played with the composition of where to position her in both with the camera and then the print.
My original first choice of position in the camera was the one I preferred.
Martin

Very original pose and composition, it's puzzling, and well done ! As usual, I should add :smile:

However, and I am sorry if it appears too critical, I am a little disturbed by the central dark band. It's a scan problem, or it's on the print ?

Raphael - However, and I am sorry if it appears too critical, I am a little disturbed by the central dark band.

Hi - no it is a scan problem. I print on 11x14 sized paper and so use a document scanner to digitise my prints for forums - and the dark band is a reflection of the dark underside of the document scanner arm.
I'm 100% analogue and scanning a print is about as far down the digital road as I'm prepared to go - so I guess I'm stuck with it - but I agree it detracts from the image.
Martin👍

@Martin Aislabie : Hi Martin,
Thank you for the explanation. I confess I didn't ask myself the question of scanning a print larger that 8x10. I rarely print larger than that, or at least, not if I intend it for web publication. At your place, I would try to photograph the print with a digital cam (if any) on a tripod, and a "normal" focal lens. The harder is to get an uniform illumination. Of course, in this case, a reprography stand would be a must.

Regards,
Raphael

Media information

Category
Standard Gallery
Added by
Martin Aislabie
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename
V4.jpg
File size
243.4 KB
Date taken
Fri, 03 June 2022 12:42 PM
Dimensions
1302px x 1080px

Share this media

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom