Ummm, which neg to print???
Eric Rose

Ummm, which neg to print???

Taken a few years ago with a new to me at the time Rollei SLX and 80mm lens. It was foggy and overcast. So what neg would you want to print if it was yours?
Equipment Used
See above
I've never an good at evaluating either anegative or contact print, so my first thought is always "all of them".

Then I said, "we'll let me look and see, which of them would I do if I choose one?"

After looking at each I selected #12. Then saw Andrew's selection... could have knocked me over with a feather!

In the mood I'm in now - numbering top left to bottom right, 3, 4, 12.

Maybe 2 or 6.

You could do 12, 4, 3 as a tryptych.

At least you have some choice from a dozen frames. I'm jealous!

The top left or the bottom left; I prefer the asymmetry. But I could also be tempted by either the table or the dock at the lower right for emphasizing the fog. Mayhaps I would try some test prints before zeroing in!

Thanks for all the input everyone! Some of you have highlighted my favourite one too. It just goes to show that we all have very different tastes and all are valid. And appreciated!!

I will have fun with this set of negs in the darkroom for sure.

Media information

Category
Standard Gallery
Added by
Eric Rose
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device
samsung SM-S901W
Aperture
ƒ/1.8
Focal length
5.4 mm
Exposure time
1/156 second(s)
ISO
Filename
rollei_elk_island.jpg
File size
1.4 MB
Date taken
Thu, 01 December 2022 7:51 PM
Dimensions
2000px x 1416px

Share this media

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom